Need to load text from file, any ideas? (1 Viewer)

Pawwlik

Portal Member
May 18, 2005
Hello guys, I've searched through the forums, found nothing. So I guess that's not possible. But maybe you find out something.

Question 1: like we can load any image file during execution MP into the image control (for example load a dvd thumbnail from image path, exported by MP to variable #selectedthumb, to the image control), I need to load a text string from a file (txt or xml or whatever) during execution of MP into a let's say label control. For example to load a video plot from a text file depending on selected video in myvideos and display it on the screen.

I tried to use an <import> tag in the myvideos xml to load xml file with label, but it seems, that it's not dynamic, it's probably loaded when starting MP, so using a construction like <import>#variable_pointing_to_current_file</import> does not work dynamically during execution, it is probably imported only once during MP start :( and will not work loading file depending on selected items in the list.

I hope I described my problem clearly :)

Question 2: is somewhere a list of MP exported varibles (like the mentioned #selectedthumb) with description, we can use in the skins?

Thanks P.

Marst

Portal Member
January 6, 2008
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi ALL

this interesting for me too. I need only test my txt file , when changed , than see string on osd ( when tv is on) .
or adding actual line from my txt to TVOSD.xml .

Any way to do this ???

(sorry my english).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom