Neither MP nor TV server can find my Nebula USB boxes... (1 Viewer)

potfish

Portal Member
March 1, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello all.

First thing I had DigiTV-HD software from Nebula running fine but then discovered Media Portal which seems absolutely superb after banging my head against a brick wall with Meedio. So I followed the instructions for changing to BDA drivers on Nebula's website and I now have "Nebula DigiTV USB BDA" showing under Sound, video and game controllers in Device Manager. (Originally I had both Master and Slave USB boxes connected but then removed the Slave - made no difference).

mp1.gif

In Media Portal configuration, Television, Capture cards, I try to add but it says there is no card to find.

mp2.gif

I didn't spend much time on it as in the course of me trawling this site for ideas I discovered the TV Server which is much more appropriate to what I want to do anyway.

I followed the installation videos through SQL setup and got as far as starting config in the TV Server app itself but again, no TV card is detected.

mp3.gif

I can't find anything already on this site to help - these TV devices are supposed to be supported according to the list, and although some people report problems, they've all got a lot further than this.

Please help!!

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: XP SP2 fully up to date
CPU Type: Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+
HDD: 500GB
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard: Abit NF-M2
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Motherboard Nvidia GeForce 6150
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: In-built
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Nebula uDigiTV USB Master
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: "DigiTV USB unit BDA Drivers" v0.504 (latest as of today)
2. TV Card: Nebula uDigiTV USB Slave
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver: "DigiTV USB unit BDA Drivers" v0.504 (latest as of today)
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

(If any of the info I've missed could be useful I can look it up!)

Many thanks
Martin

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Did you ensure to power down (unplug from any powered hub) the Nebula devices as this is needed to clear the firmware and allow the new BDA drivers to uplaod the correct firmware .

surfermc

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    Does the Digi-TV software still work. It should stilll work with the BDA drivers (but only for a couple of minutes). This will confirm wither the drivers are working ok.

potfish

Portal Member
    March 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    10/10 to SciDoctor. If this is mentioned in the instructions on Nebula's site then I must have missed it - anyway I now get the device recognised in TV Server. Not finished yet but am getting closer...

Many thanks to both!
    Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom