Neotion 501 DVB-S USB (1 Viewer)

shrek

November 4, 2005
Hi

I've a Neotion 501SC receiver BOX with USB connection and software to watch TV on the computer.

Can i watch TV on Media Portal? if yes, how?

Thanks

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    It doesnt no because they can only be used to add native support for that particular model (and that one only) which requires a lot of effort to do. BDA drivers allow a common piece of code to be used for all cards so one piece for all cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Australia - DVB-EPG - does it work? DE
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further...
    Hi there, Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 recording video DE
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button. Doesn't always work though, my guess is it won't on protected vids but it is the only thing I have found other than the excellent download capability of Online Videos when available.
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button...
    so really looking for an open source program that will record streams on the computer. not really found one that works well yet...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, so I took a deep dive in the logs myself (gotta start to learn sometime) and noticed an error about Gentle.config Opened the file and it was full of NULLs. Not good for an XML file. I found an old thread (gentle.config) which had some 11-years-old XML. On the off-chance that this could fix my problem, I cut-and-pasted it into...
    OK, so I took a deep dive in the logs myself (gotta start to learn sometime) and noticed an error about Gentle.config Opened the...
    It never rains but it pours. All of a sudden MP1 refuses to connect to the TV service (which is on the same PC) and comes up with...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Watched indicator DE
    Hi, That is unfortunately not possible. I fear you have to mark them as watched manually. Maybe there is also a change with an data base editor (SQLite Editor), but it will be not easy and I can’t provide a manual, because I didn’t try yet.
    Hi, That is unfortunately not possible. I fear you have to mark them as watched manually. Maybe there is also a change with an data...
    Hi I am new to Media Portal and it looks great. Just a question.. I want to use it to watch a lot of tv series and movies that I...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] XMLTV Channel Selection DE
    Thanks jfd553, Yes, I figured out it does download from Schedules Direct. I had done what you suggested and checked my download file for that specific channel number and could not find it. So I submitted a request to update the Schedules Direct data for my area. Took a few weeks but I just heard back 3 days ago that it had been...
    Thanks jfd553, Yes, I figured out it does download from Schedules Direct. I had done what you suggested and checked my download...
    I am using MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. I use the XMLTV plugin with Schedules Direct to get my Guide data. In the TV setup interface...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom