wrighta

Portal Member
July 25, 2006
West Lothian, Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently bought Nero 9 and installed.
The codec's aren't offered for selection in TV, Video or DVD sections as was the case with Nero 7.

Does MP need to be updated (in code) for the new codecs to be recognised or is there an option I need to select?

Many thanks,
Alan.
:D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I recently bought Nero 9 and installed

Aaarggghh :(

You are a brave man, 35 minutes to install (DVD) and almost as long to uninstall, Nero 6 for me was there best offering before total bloatware set in, and they got greedy by offering all the plugins which used to be included as optional extra's now.

With Nero's constant monitoring of folders would not recommend it running with Mediaportal anyway or have'nt you noticed the hard disk noise yet.

One cynical ex Nero supporter.

And regarding your codec question, they have made them unavailable to other software.

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^I'm with him. I had nero 6 which worked okay, new DVD drive came with Nero 8 and its just plain bloated, obese even, and thats only the 'essentials' version.

Now i use freeware, ImgBurn for writing to discs, DVDFlick for writing videos, DVDDecrypter for ripping and Handbrake for encoding. The only thing i'm missing is a cover designer, and HD support, which i don't need either of.

As for Nero's codecs - both PowerDVD and Arcsoft codecs are superior imo, especially because they do DXVA hardware acceleration. Not sure if nero has managed this yet, but this obviously doesn't matter due to them being unavailable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom