Nero HE Audio 5.1 surround turn to 2 channel (1 Viewer)

jwhyche

Portal Member
March 31, 2006
I have an problem with Nero HE audio. I convert a movie to nero mpg4 AVC 5.1 surround. When I play it through MP it comes out as 2 channel stereo.

I'm using coreavc for a video codec and I've run though just about everythign in the sun for audio codec.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I run using Nvidia codec for playback, but this involves using FFDShow for processing.

All my Audio\video settings are set up speakerwise through the icons that are show in the systray, when mediaportal minimised.

Unfortunately, know nothing about coreavc, besides peoples praising it.

All of my DVD's are re-encoded using Nero digital Cinema 5.1 and no problems playing.

jwhyche

Portal Member
    March 31, 2006
    Wow, nice avatar.

All my video is coded using nero AVC, feeding of a Shuttle nforce3 box through s/pdif to a Sony da2es reciver. When I play video encoded using AGK with 5.1 surround ac3 in a AVI container. Everything works fine. There is a little blue light that comes on in the middle of the reciver talling me it multi channel input and the display shows me the speakers that are active.

When using the same set up with nero digital cinema 5.1 with a mp4 container the multichannel indicator doesn't light up and only left and right speaker are active.

As of right this minute I'm using APV decoder filter for the video codec and I have Audio codec set to ffdshow. I've also tried running the sound out using MPA and Nero audio decoder 2. Right now audio renderer is set to Default DirectSound Device.

Last thing I tired was MPA decoder with everythign set to S/PDIF and AAC decoder "donmix to stereo" turned off. I'm assuming that nero digital audio is AAC.

jwhyche

Portal Member
    March 31, 2006
    Never mind, found a quick and easy fix for all my problems. Kicked nero to the curb and going with something that stuff everything into a Matroska container. Matroska supports everything that I want to do then some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom