.Net Framework Unhandled Exception with MyEmulators 2 Configuration (1 Viewer)

Guy1

Portal Member
June 21, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi there,
I recently installed My Emulators 2. When i go to the main Import tab (from the config screen), the importer manages to find about 6 games, but then gets stuck. Eventually i get: "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately."

Things i have tried:
I have tried to find .Net Framework to either repair OR uninstall, but i cant even find it.
I tried to reinstall version 4.5, and it installs just fine. But that's not fixing the issue.

This is frustrating as i cant see/play my games from MP as long as this error keeps popping up :/
Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks, and let me know if you guys need some more details, although the above pretty much sums it up!

Windows 7/latest updates/MP version 1.2.3.0

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you set MP's log verbosity to debug Config -> General -> Log Verbosity, then open the Emulators config and re-create the exception and post your Configuration.log here please

Last edited:

Guy1

Portal Member
    June 21, 2010
    Home Country
    Thank you so much for your reply. Let me clarify some more details which may or may not help. I also included the log file requested, of course.

1- I go to the importer tab. Sometimes it manages to import about 6 NES games and then it stops for good.
    2- I let it sit there for a few minutes, and thats when i get the error
    3- Win7/latest updates/.Net 4.5/MP v. 1.2.3.0.
    4- Primary hard drive with 100+ GB, secondary with about 23GB (where the games are stored).

I attached both a screenshot of MyEmu2 (frozen) and the log verbosity file you requested in "Debug" mode.

Attachments

• MyEmu2Screen.jpg
      MyEmu2Screen.jpg
      77.6 KB
    • Error 1draft.txt
      23.2 KB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    That's the wrong log but never mind ;). Looks like you're running out of memory (RAM not hard drive space), how much do you have installed on your system? The importer shouldn't be using that much, about 150mb max on average for me. You can try reducing the number of importer threads (Options -> Advanced -> Import threads) this will obviously be slower but will use less memory, or close any other running applications that are using a lot of resources.

Can you also have task manager open while the importer is running and watch the memory usage of configuration.exe under the processes tab and tell me if it starts getting stupidly high. You can also see your total memory usage from here, if it starts approaching 100% that's definitely your problem.

I'll try and catch and handle this exception in future releases.

Last edited:

Guy1

Portal Member
    June 21, 2010
    Home Country
    I currently have 3GB and only use the PC for Media Portal as a media center (games, movies, etc).

But good news, the issue has been solved. The worst of it, at least :)

I had some game saves on my Nintendo ROM folder. Apparently, MyEmulators 2 reaaaally didn't like that, lol. Since it would hang after finding the first 6 games, i went to the ROM folder in Windows Explorer and noticed the 7th entry was a darn save file. I deleted it and tried the import again. It went past 6 flawlessly! Then it stopped again around the 15th entry. Once again, the 16th file was a save file in Windows Explorer. I deleted it, tried the import again and everything went beautifully from there.

The only other issue i noticed after that was that many images didn't quite match the game system, such as many SNES games having a GENESIS image cover. But i'll try to resolve that issue on my own, since the worst part is now over.

Thanks a lot again for your time, Brownard, keep up the great work!

Cheers

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Hmm the importer shouldn't crash like that either way, could you upload one of the offending save files (you'll have to zip it up to post in here) so I can have a look?

A couple of things you can do, in the emulator config set the file filter to something more specific than *.* so you exclude the save files from being picked up in the 1st place, e.g. for genesis set it to *.gen (you can separate multiple filters with a ';')

Make sure you also set the correct platform from the platform dropdown box on the emu config page as this is used by the importer when determining the correct match.

Last edited:

Guy1

Portal Member
    June 21, 2010
    Home Country
    Sorry for the delay, I got carried away for a few days. I haven't toyed with the application since removing those save files, but here they are. There's not much i can say about them, aside from the fact they're at least 2 years old and I THINK they were created with FCEUltra (NES emulator.) To my knowledge, no other file type makes the app hang while importing (such as TXT, Zip or other)-- as i never tested any other type.

Hope this helps, and thanks for the tips!

Attachments

• Files.rar
      9.2 KB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks, looks like it was choking because they have no file extension - it's fixed for the next version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom