Netflix Manager (Updated 02/10/07) (2 Viewers)

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have created a new Netflix Manager for Media Portal.

Features:

- View Netflix queue
- Customize RSS feeds for browsing (i.e. New Releases, Top 25 Drama, etc.)
- Search for movies
- Add movies to top or bottom of queue
- Delete movies in queue
- Move movies in queue to the top
- Browse all award winning movies by award
- WMP previews are viewable

TODO:

- open to suggestions! :)

02/10/07 Updates:
- search feature has been fixed to work with 0.2.2
- when browsing search results, Watch Now is available for movies that can be watched now
- selecting Watch Now will open IE and begin streaming
- when browsing search results, Watch Trailer is only available for movies with WMP trailers

SCREENSHOT:

nmpic.JPG

DOWNLOAD:

You can get the most up to date version of the plugin in the download section here.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download Plug-In
2. Extract the files.
3. Copy "NetflixManager.dll" to
c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\plugins\windows\
4. Copy "NetflixManager.xml" to
c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\skin\BlueTwo\
***you can also copy it to your other skins
5. Start MediaPortal Setup, Go to Plugins, Right Click on Netflix Manager and click on Configuration.

netflixplug1.jpg

At the top, you will find a box for ShopperID (or RSS FeedID) and a CookieID.

To find your CookieID, Open Firefox and Log In to your Netflix Account. Then Click on Tools--->Options and Click on the Privacy Tab.

netflixplug4.jpg

Find the Netflix Cookie in the Scrolling Box. Click on the "+" and scroll down the list to find "NetflixShopperID" **Please note, this is not your "ShopperID" this IS your CookieID.

netflixplug5.jpg

Copy and Paste the string of characters listed under "Content:" to the CookieID in the NetflixManager MediaPortal Plug-in. In Firefox, Close out the Cookies and Options Dialogs to return to the browser screen. You should still be logged in to Netflix.

To find your ShopperID (or RSS FeedID), in Firefox, Click on "RSS" at the bottom of the Netflix Web Page. Your ShopperID is the string of characters in the Personalized Feeds links after "id="

netflixplug3.jpg

Copy and paste that string of characters to the ShopperID box in the NetflixManager MediaPortal Plug-in.

Then you can add any of the Public RSS Feeds listed for Netflix. Your Queue and Recommendations are already coded, so you do not need to add them. In the first box, Type in a Name for the feed. In the second box, copy and paste the link from Netflix RSS Feeds (should be open still in Firefox). Then click the Add button.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
Using your plugin, is it possible to add multiple RSS queue's - such as my friend's list, top 100, New Releases etc.. ?

Yes, this plugin allows you to add as many RSS feeds as you like in the congiguration:

NetflixConfigPic.JPG

As far as changing the config so you dont have to put in the cookie ID. I havn't figure out how to do it another way. If anyone can give a tip as to how to just use the login/pass and Netflix ID that would be great and I will definately change it.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
New version released.

Added:

- User can now now browse through all of the award winning movies.

kevon27

Portal Pro
January 26, 2006
This seems like a cool plugin but a little installation and how to use instructions would be very helpful for people like myself.

Thanks for making the plugin anyway.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
This seems like a cool plugin but a little installation and how to use instructions would be very helpful for people like myself.

Thanks for making the plugin anyway.

I have added the installation instructions written by rayrob to the first post.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
So there hasn't been much activity on the thread at all. Does this mean the plugin is working fine for everyone? I hope so.

amiable_indi

August 26, 2006
So there hasn't been much activity on the thread at all. Does this mean the plugin is working fine for everyone? I hope so.

working fine for me ... Its a Great help .. :D

Do you think its possible to interlink this with the "NEW TRAILERS" plugin , so that when a user is watching trailers ( esp. something like DVD Released this week ) , on the left menu add a tab which says "add_this_movie_to_netflix" or "search this on netflix". Once the user clicks that it brings the user to Netflix plugin's search page with "movie_name" already in it ...

-amiable

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
working fine for me ... Its a Great help .. :D

Do you think its possible to interlink this with the "NEW TRAILERS" plugin , so that when a user is watching trailers ( esp. something like DVD Released this week ) , on the left menu add a tab which says "add_this_movie_to_netflix" or "search this on netflix". Once the user clicks that it brings the user to Netflix plugin's search page with "movie_name" already in it ...

-amiable

That is a good idea. I didnt know there was a new Trailers plugin. Who is the author of it? If I can get in contact with the author I will see if it is at all possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom