Network Bluray drive? (1 Viewer)

glenb83

Portal Pro
April 24, 2009
Home Country
Hey everyone,

I'm currently running a Gigabyte Brix as my HTPC with MP happily, and the only thing it's missing is a bluray player for the VERY occasional time we want to play a bluray disc.

I have another PC which is on basically 24x7 and has a bluray drive installed, currently we have it hooked up to the TV with a different HDMI cable but I'm wondering if there is a way I can utilise the Bluray drive in that machine on my HTPC MP setup instead of buying a USB bluray drive?

So far I have tried sharing the drive on the PC, then configuring a source in MP videos to the drive path on the network. When I try to access it in MP I see the drive spin up on the PC and MP hangs for about 30 seconds or so then gives an error "unable to play: Index". Perhaps I just need to configure it a different way? Was wondering if there was a way I could set it up similar to a 'virtual' drive?

Any other ideas how I might be able to play bluray discs through mediaportal on my htpc or is it a lost cause?!

glenb83

Portal Pro
April 24, 2009
Home Country
Try to install anydvdhd on your bluray pc. Because protection can block. Thé share.
Try also With DVD.
Thanks for the reply! I just tried a DVD and it took about 1-2mins of seeming to do nothing (although the bluray drive was active) then just a black screen like it was about to play but nothing, just a black screen.

I suspect the problem MAY be that in the videos config it doesn't see the bluray drive on the other PC as an 'optical drive' but as a directory. Perhaps if there was a way to tell MP that it is a DVD drive and not a folder it would work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom