New Asus Xonar now there's no Playback (crash) (1 Viewer)

booba5185

Portal Pro
April 16, 2007
Hey everyone, I recently upgraded from a Creative Xtreme Audio to a Asus Xonar DX, and I love the difference. At first MP would lock whenever i tried to play a song at all, i figured that it was having probems from the old creative stuff so I uninstalled MP and reinstalled, that seemed to fix it. I wake up this morning to the exact same problem again, even in configuration. I try to play a music file and it instantly stops responding, I've tried everything and have been searching all day with no results, I'm getting a log file now, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this type of issue?

booba5185

Portal Pro
April 16, 2007
I've also tried using Pureaudio with no Success, this is driving me completely insane, the card works and sounds fantastic in every program EXCEPT the one i want it to, Mediaportal. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated....

I updated to MP1.1 Beta with no results, except for one time (and none since) after a long Pause (about 5 min) it came up with the unable to play message. Thankfuly I was able to get the log file from that one time, and there's plenty of examples in the log file lol. it seems that this is causing the problem: Reason: BASS_ERROR_HANDLE. I've been searching on that error now also with no results. If you need to know, I'm running xp sp3, Intel Quad core, and a Nvidia GTS 250.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    are you using ASIO? I use PureAudio with a Xonar HDAV and it works pretty well.
    What files are you playing ?

booba5185

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2007
    I've tried with asio and it either produced the same result or very very very loud music. I kept searching and searching and even trying a fresh install of windows onto another drive I had laying around. I finally, literally after hours found out what it was, and I felt really stupid. DS3D was enabled, once I disabled it, everything was working flawlessly! and man o man this sound card blows that creative card out of the water, my creative garbage sounded like an alarm clock compared to this!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom