New Australian TV Guide XMLTV

Discussion in 'Electronic Program Guide' started by ethanol, February 27, 2008.

1. ethanol

ethanol Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Has anyone investigated this in any detail :

XMLTV Service Now Available! - Friday, February 01, 2008
    What The?!? Yup, we've setup a simple, easy-to-use XMLTV service interface and it's now available for all those non-Windows Media Center users to use! This means that clients like Media Portal, WebScheduler, Meedio, MythTV, etc can now take advantage of all the programme guide data available from epgStream.net. Read more about accessing this service on our forum: epgStream.net Support Forum • View forum - XMLTV Clients

I've had a very quick look - you can generate a specific link of the following format :

http://free-epg.epgstream.net/xmltv/xmltvService.aspx?clientId={YourClientID}&guideType=free&clientType={YourClient}&countryCode=au&geographicId={YourPostcode}&medium={YourMedium}

Where the parameters are:

{YourClientID} is your epgStream.net Client Identifier (once you've registered for the free service)
    {YourClient} is your client type. Valid client types are "MediaPortal", "BladeRunner", "ShowShifter", "Freevo", "MythTV", "DNTV" and "DVBWS".
    {YourPostcode} is your postal code for your region. For example, "2000" (Sydney, NSW), "4000" (Brisbane, NSW), "6837" (Perth, WA), "2009" (Pyrmont, NSW), "3352" (Addington, VIC), etc.
    {YourMedium} is your tuner type. For analogue tuners use "analogue.tv", and for digital tuners use "digital.tv"

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. noonereallycares

noonereallycares Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
  4. Big_Kev

Big_Kev Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +186 / 0
    Home Country:
    I just tried this with my EPG Downloader service app... it works really well.

The data is great! No gaps in HD Channel listings, and 2 weeks programs for most channels!

If you want to try the app, it is at:

MP EPG Downloader

Setup documentation included.

I used URL...

http://free-epg.epgstream.net/xmltv/xmltvService.aspx?clientId={ClientID}&guideType=free&clientType=MediaPortal&countryCode=au&geographicId=2000&medium=digital.tv

for Sydney.

Kev

• Like Like x 4
  5. StarTV

StarTV Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Big Kev,

I'm still pretty new to MP and I'm trying to get my head around the EPG.

I noticed you tested the epgstream data with your app that is made for TV server. Can we use the epgstream data with Oz TV guide downloader? And if so, how? This would save me from going through the whole process of loading TV server (it appears quite involved to setup). Your software seems to be one that will satisfy my EPG needs.

Thanks in advance.

6. graemef

graemef Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 2
    Home Country:
    Is there an EPG for Oz that will work with MP (No tv server) and also give foxtel. I have been using Oz TV Guide, but oztivo will stop suppoting this on 31st March......
    Thnx

7. mrkaras

mrkaras Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 3
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    This data's probably better, but I thought I'd mention that now the over the air EPG works for a full week (no more now and next only data)

8. dbit

dbit Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!