Ongoing New Build - Almost There (1 Viewer)

nighthawkuk

March 17, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi All,

Been out of the custom PC game for a long while (P4 3Ghz was a phenomonal CPU when i last built anything). But last week i decided it was time for a new PC.

So this is what i went with:

1 520W Corsair HX Series Modular PSU
1 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1* 64Bit
1 Silverstone Crown CW02B – MXR Black (HTPC) +LCD+IR+Remote
1 LG GGW-H20L Super Multi Blu-Ray Writer & HD-ROM Reader
1 Asus Xonar Hdav 1.3 \ Deluxe True HDMI Soundcard
3 1TB Western Digital WD10EADS Green, SATA 3Gb/s, 32MB Cache
1 Asus P6T Deluxe, Intel X58
1 Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 Exclusive Dual Fan CPU Cooler, LGA1366
1 1GB Asus GTX 285,
1 7" Mimo UM-740 Touch Screen USB Powered TFT Swivel Mini Display
1 i7 920, Socket 1366 (B), Nehalem, 2.66GHz, Cache 8MB, Retail
1 6GB (3x2GB) Corsair Dominator

Couple of problems during the build. Could probably have done with a shoe horn for some of it but i got there in the end. The video card is huge (when did they get this big??) so that cause a wee bit of a problem but i managed to squeeze it in. The only other issue i have at the moment is one of my memory modules doesnt fit due to the hard drive cage, but i will work a way round this (only running with 4gb at the moment).

Very pleased with how quiet the system is. At the moment it is running Vista 64bit and Media Portal. I left the MyTVSeries plugin importing the database this morning, so hopefully when i get home tonight it will all be ready. The only bit left to do is configure the touchscreen.

This is where my question is. What i would like to do is run the mediaportal menu on the touchscreen, but send the output (ie video) to my TV (Samsung Series 6). Is this possible?

Also one other question, is it normal to have no BIOS boot screens when you are running through the Asus card, the first time i recieve video is when the windows desktop loads.

RivaSA

Portal Member
June 24, 2009
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi, like your set up.

Regarding your sound card. I have had this before if you set the System Bios to boot with onboard display not auto or pci-e as initial. Most likel your problem.

Your other question regarding you touchscreen for controls is one I have been pondering for a while. Like you I want a small touchscreen only for navigating and then the "video" to go through the main screen . The other thing I wanted was when it was playing for the Touchscreen display to use fanart from what ever media was playing to be used. That way I need not always have my screen on. The only thing I read about was to customise your skin to be two screens wide. Then to put the touch screen as your second monitor. There have been few attempts but maintaining it has been interesting. If you come across anything let me know. Very interested!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom