Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
I'm thinking to buy a new HTPC,
first point: new case !
I have the space to put (and I like!) the silverston LC20
http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-lc20.htm
Silver version - looks like my Denon amplifier ;)
My doubt is:
1) 200 € for the "M" version (multimedia kit: remote - IR receiver embedded - VFD)
2) 140 € and forgot the multimedia kit ?
(I will buy later anyway an Haupage DVB-T or something similar, so I should have a good remote anyway!).

Here the question:
Is it supported the silverstone remote (iMON) by MediaPortal ? (if yes, trought WinLIRC?)
The VDF ? (it sould....)

My budget it's very limitet but the multimedia kit it's more than a wish, so I need the community approval to pass the WAF

thanks and long life to MediaPortal ;)
Daniele

graemef

Portal Pro
November 28, 2004
Perth
Home Country
I have the Thermaltake Mozart with the iMon remote and VFD. I don't use the remote as it sees to be unreliable (sometimes store key presses so you think it is not working then spits them all out at once so the cursor goes mad.). Having said that I use it for general windows mouse movements etc as I like the joystick like mouse control. As for the VFD, for the last 2 HTPC's I built I wanted a VFD. Now I have one I can't say I see the point. The HTPC is too far away to read it, but I guess it looks pretty.

Personally I would save the money and get the Microsoft MCE keyboard and remote. This is what I use, in conjunction with the iMon remote for mouse movement because the Microsoft thumb mouse on the keyboard is possibly the worst I have ever used.

In a nutshell both is good, but the MS is better with a standard mouse if you have to go without one.

DonBogo

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Thank you,
this can be a solution, but I will buy MCE remote after the Hauppage TV-tuner (already with remote).
In the meantime I have a old remote from Vision Plus....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom