doughzone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2008
    Wa State
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello

I've been following MP for a little while now, and have decided to build my first HTPC using MP. While I have the majority of the hardware picked out, I'm having trouble with finding a case that I like. I have found a few that I like, but most seem hard to find/no longer available, so I thought I'd come here and give some examples of what I like and see if anyone has any suggestions on cases that I might not have found.

Moneual MONCOSA 312B
    COOLER MASTER CM Media 260
    Omaura TF08
    D-Vine MCE303

I am going to be working with a mATX MB, and want something fairly slim, but still be able to hold 2+ HDs. The cases are simple, and aren't too flashy, and have no exposed ports on the front. I'm currently not sure if I want a display on the case or not - it's a bit of a toss-up at the moment.

Any suggestions would be great, and thanks in advance!

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    How about the idea of creating a topic for each case ? :) Maybe list some specs in the starting post and some pictures so people can post experiences and/or expectations.

doughzone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2008
    Wa State
    Home Country
    Thanks for the links to the manufacturers websites. Also, thank you for the Wiki, I hadn't seen it at it actually helped with other decisions I had to make. I have decided to go with the Moneual MONCOSA 312B and will hopefully have it by this weekend. It seems that some people like it, and others don't, and cooling may be a bit of a challenge, but I will post on here about the case after I have it set up and do some testing with cooling and fans and whatnot.
    Just so people know what the case looks like...
    moneual-312-black.jpg

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    That's a nice looking case indeed. I briefly considered it when I bought my LC04 so I'll be curious to hear how it works out for you. Good luck with the build.

Jackal5

May 23, 2009
    Home Country
    I have the Moneual MONCOSA 312B. I just got the rest of my parts today with the exception of the new HDTV card. I'll just add that later. I'll probably start the new project tomorrow when I get home from work. The one bad thing about this case is that it has no vibration dampening for any of the drives. I had to come up with solutions that will hopefully work as well as I think it will.

Good luck with your build.

Fallen Kell

Portal Member
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    I have been relatively happy with my Cooler Master CM 280 (hard to find now). I am thinking about changing the fans I have in it (or at least under-volting them). The case is not for everyone. It is tall. Tall enough to have a 120mm exhaust fan located above the motherboard (not simply the side of the case like the Antec ones, though it does have a 120mm fan mount there as well as on the top and front). You can also fit some of the tower style CPU heatsinks in the case. Currently I have a Scythe Ninja Rev B (yes, a regular Ninja, not a mini). It really just about becomes a push/pull fan setup with a front intake fan, the fan on the Ninja, and then the rear exhaust fan, all lined up almost in a perfect line.

The loudest thing in the case is really the video card, which is an EVGA 8800 GT SSC edition (flow down from when I upgraded my main PC).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom