New Freecom Drivers Configuration HOWTO for Post February 06

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Silicontoad, July 27, 2006.

1. Silicontoad

Silicontoad New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dear Freecom owners, :-P

ok this is for everyone that got a Freecom DVB-T stick dated after February who cant/couldnt get the hacked/tweaked third party BDA drivers to work.

Freecome has released a set of BDA drivers here:

http://www.freecom.com/objects/00008584.zip

you will find that if your product id PID is 620 then you will be using the tridvid.ini drivers.

IF YOU HAVE a 620:

Add the following to your CaptureCardDefinition.xml

I had to graph this stuff, but it works a treat:

<capturecard commercialname="Freecom Digital TV Receiver" capturename="Freecom Digital TV Video" devid="vid_14aa&amp;pid_0620#2.0#">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"/>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"/>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="tunerdevice" name="Freecom Digital TV Receiver" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="capture" name="Freecom Digital TV Video" checkdevice="true"/>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

Have fun with the new BDA driver on MediaPortal.

I know many of us have been looking for these for some time :)

Regards

Toad

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bones

Bones New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi ..

I'm getting the message "no video capture card(s) were found" when I try to add a capture card . I followed the instructions , am I missing something ?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!