Ongoing New HTPC - New Zealand Freeview (1 Viewer)

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    John, might be worth changing your signature as it looks like the MP social link doesn't work anymore....

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Tommy. I'm afraid to say I have exactly the same issues (except the MP crash)... and more:
    1./ Badly pixelated video, but fine on the TV's inbuilt tuner.
    2./ TVNZ just diappears from time to time (except on my TV's inbuilt tuner), as if the signal is super weak.
    3./ Bad playback of existing video after a certain amount of time (don't think it's related to 1 & 2 above)

If I take my machine to a neighbours house the symptoms are the same, if I take it elsewhere altogether then TVNZ will tune in just fine. If I bring another MP machine to my place there is no TVNZ (all Hauppauge tuners - is there some firmware upgrade or setting that is needed?).

I had an antenna guy test and tell me my antenna signal is strong, and again the TV internal tuner just keeps on working.

I set up Windows MCE on my machine and get the exact same symtpoms so it's not MP related BUT It's driving me CRAZY. I WILL fix it, but it may take time, and I'll keep you posted on anything I find so please do the same if you figure anything out. BTW, are you using 64bit OS?

Regarding your crash, is there anything in your event viewer? and is there a dmp file created in the Windows directory? These can be useful to debug.

Lastly I picked up a new 120" screen last night which I'm hoping to install tonight... just to make sure I can see those pixelations easier ;)

cheers

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    John, 120"....... You make me sick man!

I might try a different make of tuner this weekend and see if that does any different.

dribbler1

Portal Member
    June 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Tommy, I really love the look of the case but the power supply issue is a bit of a turn off... what did you end up doing in regards to powering it up?

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Went for one of the DC to DC 200W supplies and works well. Have decided that the case is just too big though and really want to change to a Server/Client setup as I just want a really tiny silent client by the TV.

I used an old Xbox power supply for the PC and it's just too noisy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom