New installation of MP2 A4 fails on Win 7 pro. x64 with error: "String cannot be of zero length" (1 Viewer)

hakantheb

October 26, 2010
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Well as the log say. What can the problem be with my system?

Action start 6:02:24: PrepareXmlPathVariables.
SFXCA: Extracting custom action to temporary directory: C:\Users\Oldage_2\AppData\Local\Temp\MSI7BDF.tmp-\
SFXCA: Binding to CLR version v4.0.30319
Calling custom action CustomActions!CustomActions.CustomActions.PrepareXmlPathVariables
Exception thrown by custom action:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: String cannot be of zero length.
Parameter name: oldValue

at System.String.ReplaceInternal(String oldValue, String newValue)
at System.String.Replace(String oldValue, String newValue)
at CustomActions.CustomActions.PrepareXmlPathVariables(Session session, String cs, IEnumerable`1 pathLabels)
at CustomActions.CustomActions.PrepareXmlPathVariables(Session session)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object parameters, Object arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.CustomActionProxy.InvokeCustomAction(Int32 sessionHandle, String entryPoint, IntPtr remotingDelegatePtr)
CustomAction PrepareXmlPathVariables returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
Action ended 6:02:24: PrepareXmlPathVariables. Return value 3.
Action ended 6:02:24: INSTALL. Return value 3.
Action ended 6:02:24: ExecuteAction. Return value 3.
Action 6:02:24: FatalError.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Same issue. Uninstalling & reinstalling worked for me as well. I did delete the folder tree, but looking beforehand showed that there were no files left after the uninstall & reboot.
Same issue. Uninstalling & reinstalling worked for me as well. I did delete the folder tree, but looking beforehand showed that...
I just upgraded from MP2 2.2.3 to MP2 2.3 and now my clients start, show the splash screen, and then don't move any further. Is it...
Replies
Views
Indeed. My concern was that neither 2.1.3 Pre-Release, nor 2.2 development currently result in a successful installation in this situation, and that people may preferentially view 2.1.3 as the current stable.
Indeed. My concern was that neither 2.1.3 Pre-Release, nor 2.2 development currently result in a successful installation in this...
Hello all, I would like to try MediaPortal 2, but have run into a show stopping installation bug. The installation fails with...
Replies
Views
BOOM, spot on brother. FWIW, the web installer of directx9 says it completed, but actually doesn't.. the full DX9 redistributor does actually install. Once that installed, the regular installer (and the weekly) seemed to work. Thanks for the help!
BOOM, spot on brother. FWIW, the web installer of directx9 says it completed, but actually doesn't.. the full DX9 redistributor...
I'm on windows 7. I've tried to install over VNC and RDP but keeps dying.. Any ideas? [2628:281C][2016-02-14T22:09:35]i001: Burn...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just added this to the Wiki (and the forum post) as it seems to be a more and more common issue these days... https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-2-installation-and-setup-guides.134034/#post-1180144
Hi. I've just added this to the Wiki (and the forum post) as it seems to be a more and more common issue these days...
Here is the log file - Windows 10 Build 14316rs1 [40F8:4F84][2016-04-15T11:46:30]i001: Burn v3.10.2.2516, Windows v10.0 (Build...
Replies
Views
Client/server installation previous running MP1. Other clients still working on MP1. Installed MP2 server alongside MP1 server. Ran a complete uninstall of MP1 client on this PC. Ran MP2 setup: Background Dos screen, Welcome screen, License screen, click on Client only, click on install, please wait screen, Windows UAC screen, error...
Client/server installation previous running MP1. Other clients still working on MP1. Installed MP2 server alongside MP1 server...
Client/server installation previous running MP1. Other clients still working on MP1. Installed MP2 server alongside MP1 server...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom