NEW: MediaInfo DLL which might solve weird delays (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thanks to the efforts of zenitram (Jerome Martinez) as a MediaInfo developer, a weird delay bug has been solved.

Linked below is a beta version of the MediaInfo DLL which is used by MediaPortal, MovingPictures and MP-TVSeries to obtain information about the mediafiles you have in your collection. Some of those files might have a weird B-frame setup which could lead to long delays before MediaPortal would start the actual playback.

On a test file that I had, the delay went down from 121 seconds to 2 seconds, and this was on a very slow WiFi network, so for most users it will become instant.

MediaPortal v1.1.0 (or v1.1.1+ with release on v1.1.0 this close) will eventually have a permanent solution coded in, but for the time being, or for those users that do not want to redo their entire MyVideos collection, grab the DLL in the link below that will work. Zenitram gave me permission to share this hard-coded DLL of MediaInfo so once again many thanks to him for his efforts in solving this problem.

Simply replace the MediaInfo.DLL that you have in your MediaPortal root folder with this version (verify you have no duplicates in a plugins sub folder), and please report back your experience in this thread.

MediaInfo DLL with fix: https://sourceforge.net/projects/me...TestsOnly_DLL_20100701_0.3forced.zip/download

Enjoy.

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Cool, thanks have to try this, as the playback startup delay is one of the few things left on my annoyances list :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom