Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Moving Pictures 0.6.4
Hello folks. I am going to dispense with the fanfare this time. If you'd like more details on what is included in Moving Pictures 0.6 (along with screen shots) please see this thread. The download links over there have been updated as well.

We have a new point release for you though, Moving Pictures 0.6.4. This does not include any new features but it does include several pretty critical bug fixes (see below for details). Generally the goal of this release is to increase the stability of Moving Pictures 0.6. I'd be happy to hear comments or answer any questions you guys might have. But keep in mind of the bug report process.

If you are curious we are still hard at work on Moving Pictures 0.7, and you can expect it's release most likely within a few weeks. Please keep in mind though that because work on the plug-in is done in our spare time, target dates sometimes get pushed back.

Download
Project Page
Skin Designer's Guide
Developer's Guide

Included Fixes
Issue #256
Sometimes when a movie was removed from a watch folder, it did not stay deleted in Moving Pictures. If a movie was moved it sometimes became duplicated in the movie list. This behavior has been corrected and duplicates/ghost entries should now be automatically deleted the next time you start Moving Pictures.

It's worth noting here, it is possible there were several causes to this problem, but we definitely fixed one of those causes. I am interested to see if anyone still has trouble with this after 0.6.4. Let me know how things go for you.

Issue #267
Sometimes in the importer a movie would be approved as one movie but when details were pulled, the details would be for another movie or TV Show. Now resolved.

Artwork Scanner
Several changes have been made to increase the stability of the background artwork scanner. This was, in some rare cases causing MediaPortal to crash.

themoviedb.org Backdrop Provider
Additional error handling was added to the backdrop provider for themoviedb.org which was in rare cases causing MediaPortal to crash if themoviedb.org failed to properly respond.

Issue #264
Backdrops for movies with unusual characters in the title (for example, Léon) were not properly pulled from themoviedb.org. This is now resolved.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
For the first time a movie I've removed got deleted automatically without me going into config and manually removing it! Thanks! :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
I just checked out the issues on the project page - did I read this right on Issue 38 - moving-pictures - Google Code (sorting/filtering), that this won't be available until 0.8?

How this feature didn't get consideration to make it in for 0.7 is quite disappointing.

Well to begin with, we have never hid the fact that filtering was scheduled for 0.8, we are extremely open with our roadmap and plans for Moving Pictures. And you have to understand that for a long time 0.7 was not considered a big release. Originally we were going to just label it 0.6.5, but we decided that for all releases that change functionality we should change the minor version number, so we relabled it as 0.7. And the plan for 0.7 was a few minor quick enhancements here and there and some general clean up (both in the code and on the config screen), then move on to the next release focusing on filtering. But a few things have been added, a few things have taken longer than expected and we just did not get to work on things as much as we wanted over the holidays. It's a busy time of year.

And then of course filtering is a huge enhancement that affects almost every part of the plug-in. It's not something to be taken lightly and we wanted to polish what we have done in the past before we moved on to stuff in the future. We would rather take our time with things and do it right than rush and make things sloppy.

So I guess you will have to live with the disappointment for now. Moving Pictures is a very young plug-in, still in beta and there are only two main developers, so things are not always going to be instantaneous.

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    I see your point of view fforde and know you have said that 0.7 will be a minor release.

I understand flyte's frustration but... the my videos feature is terrible and it would be great having moving pictures as the primary mode to watch videos in. If there were shares and also sortable by date it would be a perfect replacement.

Let's just hope 0.8 is not too far off :D

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I thought that the issue with "entering GUI always starts on first movie imported" was going to be fixed in this release but it's not? For me, I always get "Hostel Part II". I tried to find the issue for it now, but no luck. Or was this never entered into the tracker?

Thanks a lot!
    Emph

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    I thought that the issue with "entering GUI always starts on first movie imported" was going to be fixed in this release but it's not? For me, I always get "Hostel Part II". I tried to find the issue for it now, but no luck. Or was this never entered into the tracker?

Thanks a lot!
    Emph
    I believe that was fixed in the main branch. So that will be available in 0.7.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I was surprised to see how well this version worked; even though my videofiles are not named properly, it managed to find a waste amount of them (more the the previous version I tried).

Great work! :D

Eeyore

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2006
    Newcastle, Australia
    Home Country
    Thanks for the update :)

I have a question.

I have a single seat installation in my living room, with all the media on it. Moving Pictures is setup on it, and working well. I have installed MP1.0 client on my laptop, and want to access all movies from it. how can i have the client (my laptop) always have an up-to-date moving pictures DB? I dont want to have to add the movies manually to each client (as i add more)

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Movie removal seems to work much better for me now.

(Since all my movies are on server, I mark as removable to avoid deletion if any network issues, then unmark and close/reopen plugin when I've done some cleaning - now they delete).

Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom