New Netflix Plugin (1 Viewer)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I would like to know as well. It's a shame there isn't a good working Netflix plugin for 1.3. Atm I've been using Windows 8's Netflix app which works ok. but I'd prefer to use a Mepo plugin :)

geekiegeek

Portal Member
September 14, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Is there anyway to call the win 8 netflix app from within MP and also close it and go back to MP?

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
I use this http://www.itsjustwhatever.com/2012/12/19/windows-8-metro-app-launchers/ and launch it via the Multi-shortcut plugin it's pretty straight forward. Only thing is the Netflix app requires a mouse to navigate around. I use my Android phone and the gpad plugin to get around this for now so I don't have to use my mouse. However you can pause and unpause with the mce remote. Just can't remind or fast forward. One other thing you can hit the clear button on the mce remote to exit the app. Hope this helps!

maso

Portal Member
August 11, 2012
Home Country
I don't entirely understand what it means, but about a month ago Netflix changed the Public API program to do the following:

• We will no longer issue new public API developer keys. All existing keys that are actively calling the API will remain active.
  • We will no longer accept new API affiliates. There will be no impact to existing and active affiliates.

I found this in their blog here: http://developer.netflix.com/blog/read/Changes_to_the_Public_API_Program

I know that my Netflix plugin was working fine until I had a database problem a couple weeks back and deleted it to generate a new one. I haven't had Netflix work since. My only thought is that the new setup requested a new key, and they're not giving those out anymore.

I'm not hopeful that new Netflix plugins will be possible without using the Win 8 app.

But if anyone who actually knows about this stuff cares to chime in, I'm all ears. My only credential is a grasp of the English language. I've got absolutely no technical expertise in the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom