New Niveus Pocket PC wifi remote (1 Viewer)

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    i don't think this will work with MP really cause those programs are often not really configrble.

i've had another programm on my PPC once. (a time before MP actually (-; )

it was really simple you can make your own "skin" with pictures, buttons, scrollboxes, mousepads and everything and assign it with specific keys which were sent to the pc via WiFi, bluetooth or whatever the connection between the devices would be.

i forgot the name but i'm searching it right now beacause you brought back the idea to use this with MP. i will post it here when i found it.

the advantage is, that you can make the "remote" look like you want and give it the functions you want with simulating any keystroke you want and even control the mouse!

(oh man now i really need to find that program)

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2004
    Belgium
    smnnekho said:
    i don't think this will work with MP really cause those programs are often not really configrble.

i've had another programm on my PPC once. (a time before MP actually (-; )

it was really simple you can make your own "skin" with pictures, buttons, scrollboxes, mousepads and everything and assign it with specific keys which were sent to the pc via WiFi, bluetooth or whatever the connection between the devices would be.

i forgot the name but i'm searching it right now beacause you brought back the idea to use this with MP. i will post it here when i found it.

the advantage is, that you can make the "remote" look like you want and give it the functions you want with simulating any keystroke you want and even control the mouse!

(oh man now i really need to find that program)

could you be referring to netremote?
    www.promixis.com

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    no actually it's this one here:

http://www.aacompserv.com/AACompWeb/Modules/PPCTablet/WhatIsIt.aspx?sys_NavBarSelectedNodeID=002.001

and called PPC tablet remote control.

you can "build" your own remote as you want it to be, there are also some templates existing like for MCE:

MCE.gif

but as mentioned before it's so easy to make one on your own with some pics and as mediaportal can completly be used with keystrokes (in this case you can control the curser too) this would be better as all other remotes because you can even add control features for other programs you start with MyPrograms for example. (the number is not limited beacause you can make different "tables" as seen in the picture as it's changing between "navigation" "controls" and "keypad"

the only problem is, that it costs about 15 $, but it is really worth it, try the trial version (-;

but anyway, maybe i should start an own post anywhere else to collect opinions bout this. i'm sure there's somone capable to make a MP template (-;

RoyN

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2006
    I cannot see one single reason to use this over the MPBlue project.... can someone enlighten me? why would one want to use a remote control program that offers less features and is less integreated than the one officially made for MP, with file list, native communication, etc?

beats me...

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    noone is overriding mpblue. i really hope it'll be perfect one day. but thats just not the case right now. till it's perfectly working we simply have to improvise. i also have a copy of mpblue on my ppc and continue testing.

nevertheless there ARE thinkable reasons beacause

1) at least with the software mentioned by me, you can design it exatly the way you want, and it is already capable of controlling all functions in MP either with keystrokes or the mouse. (you can't show any filelisting from your htpc on your ppc though, thats right)

2) with this single remote you also can control third party software, which is very important for me as i have a bunch of them in use in Myprograms, like emus, different websites showing up in kiosque-mode, powerpoints, some other players, karaoke software etc etc etc. i have it all in ONE remote

anyhow, i really really appreciate the work on the MPblue client very much.

[/list]

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2004
    Belgium
    smnnekho said:
    nevertheless there ARE thinkable reasons beacause

1) at least with the software mentioned by me, you can design it exatly the way you want, and it is already capable of controlling all functions in MP either with keystrokes or the mouse. (you can't show any filelisting from your htpc on your ppc though, thats right)

2) with this single remote you also can control third party software, which is very important for me as i have a bunch of them in use in Myprograms, like emus, different websites showing up in kiosque-mode, powerpoints, some other players, karaoke software etc etc etc. i have it all in ONE remote
    [/list]

not trying to start bashing about what is best.. but..
    MPBlue allows you to build whatever interface you want..(if you are willing to tinker with xml, no fancy screen designer yet)

number two is a bit more difficult for the moment, but a interface to Girder should be very easy to implement..

Oh, and please feel free to use whatever software you like.. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread