New plugin: MySkype (1 Viewer)

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi spiek81. I'd like to get this going but can't get past issues with skin files as you've experienced.
Could you help me to understand what I need:
1./ Is there a "bleu 2" skin which differs from "blue 2" or is it the same thing? Sorry if this is obvious :)
2./ what are the "plugin files" that need to be copied from the media folder? Are they just the .png files?

I have "myskype.xml" in my skin dir and "myskype-*.png in my media dir. When trying to start Skype I an error about myskype.xml being missing or invalid and the following in the error log:
2009-08-24 14:40:49.812500 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 209144
2009-08-24 14:40:49.828125 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MySkype.GUIWindowSkype.InitializeGUI()
at MySkype.GUIWindowSkype.OnPageLoad()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
2009-08-24 14:40:49.843750 [ERROR][MPMain]: ProcessWindows exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MySkype.GUIWindowSkype.RefreshWindow()
at MySkype.GUIWindowSkype.Process()

Thanks

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi elevation1

I got the other skype plugin "skype4mpupdated" working well with MP 1.0.2. It even does video one direction (out of MP). There were a couple of tricks:
1./ Once MP is started the first time you need to go back into the skype application dialog and there should be a message saying the mediaportal.exe want to communicate with skype. so click ok on that.
2./ I got the skin files out of the source on sourseforge but they may be in the zip provided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom