New Plugin: Video Cleanup (2 Viewers)

mswiege

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I recently added a movie cleanup for the configuration application that deletes all movies from the database that are missing their video file.
    The article about that can be found here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...moving-movies-deleted-files-46706/#post315493

I now created a small and simple "process plugin" that does the cleanup on every start of MediaPortal. It has no GUI, it just deletes all found movies from the DB.
    What movies are deleted during startup is logged on "Information" level.

I think a GUI is only possible with a "window plugin" and that whould mean this functionality has to be implemented into another plugin (like MyVideos) instead of being a plugin itself - am I right?

If you like it, just drop the VideoCleanup.dll from the attached zip file to your plugin/process folder (it is automaticly enabled but you can later disable it using the plugin tab from the configuration dialog if you don't want it to run).

Have fun...
    Maik

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi

What about network drives that is not currently available?
    Will it only delete if it find the drive but not the file?

mswiege

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have created a new version that now only deletes movies that are missing files on existing drives, so if the drive folder doesn't exist, the movie will not be deleted.

Maik

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yup recordings would be nice, but since I don't record too often I was wondering if this plugin just looks at the MyVideos DB or others too?
    Like Moving Pictures (which doesn't clean up after itself (yet)), Mvids etc.

jburnette:
    Thx for the heads up! This should be default behaviour for every plugin that has DB entries of file, but hey, I already love all the work you guys put in, so can't expect everything.

mswiege

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will add the cleanup of missing recordings today and will have a look at the Moving Pictures plugin.

Maik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom