[confirm] New problem after installing rc2 from clean install (1 Viewer)

WildParadise

Portal Member
May 8, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Wide
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bits
CPU Type: Q6600
HDD: Seagate
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard: P5E-VM HDMI
Video Card: onboard
Sound Card: onboard
1. TV Card: none
MPEG2 Video Codec: cccp pack
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: lc17b
Cooling: lots of fans
Power Supply: corsair 620 watts
Remote: x10 firefly
TV: sharp aquos
TV - HTPC Connection: hdmi

Hi, i got three new problems after passing to rc2, it wasn't an update I was just before rc1. I use it for the videos section. After starting mp I got connection to tv service lost (mainly due to not having the choice to install mp without tv service since that or rc1 release) each time I start it which is pretty annoying since I don't care about the tv service.

Second problem is that I got a window that appear after a while name my programs and in it it says my programs 3 times which disappears but leaves the my programs on the screen, even if I go in a video, I have to close media portal and by doing that it crashes.

Third problem is on importing information from imdb, I don't know if they changed their way of loading their website but when I input a name it finds it with a lot of weird character after and when I click it it doesn't import anything. The last ones I entered where speed and speed2 FIXED

I will post second problem log tomorrow since I didn't got it the first time. Will reproduce and post it.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi, i got three new problems after passing to rc2, it wasn't an update I was just before rc1. I use it for the videos section. After starting mp I got connection to tv service lost (mainly due to not having the choice to install mp without tv service since that or rc1 release) each time I start it which is pretty annoying since I don't care about the tv service.

If you don't need TV Service you should answer NO to the question "Do you want to use MediaPortal to watch TV?" when installing MediaPortal.

WildParadise

Portal Member
    May 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It didn't asked me that in rc2,

The choice was I think, install full mediaportal with all options, install as tv server, install as tv client.

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I just tried it here on a machine that has never seen MP before, so it's a very clean install.

The first screen lets me choose language, the second screen asks if I wish to install MP or just download the needed files and the third screen asks if I'm going to use MP for watching TV or not.

//Johannes

WildParadise

Portal Member
    May 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    here's the log of the second problem, I will try the fix for the first tonight.

WildParadise

Portal Member
    May 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If you uninstall TVServer problem should not happen.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/603985-post52.html

Download and unpack script to desktop, then go to start menu\team-mediaportal\mediaportal\user files\scripts\imdb and replace the existing one with the newer file.

Now rescan, hopefully you will get much better results.

For the script in user files\scripts\ there's no imdb, I got movieinfo, which i replaced in. It's working good. Problem 3 is solved.

Ok, i've done a full uninstall of media portal and redid the installation, there was in fact the step talking about tv which I've put no (must I've push twice the first time) now whn I go in start menu I don't have the tv service but the window appears again!

For the other problem it seems to be time sensitive so I will let it run and see if it happens again.

I've attached a new log of the connection to tv server error.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    There is no installation log in the logs you posted so it is impossible to see if and why TVplugin is still installed.

WildParadise

Portal Member
    May 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I used the log collector...

Where do I take that log?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom