New Release - Streamed MP v0.4.298 (1 Viewer)

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
Current Release v0.4.298

Time for another release, a few bugs are fixed, emphatic's splashscreen has been added as the start up screen (thanks) For the Record is now supported thanks to trevor. There are other changes and bug fixes as usual.

Ltfearme has done some great work with tvseries, there are new setup options in the installer to make setup easier. The image problems with tvseries have been fixed. Moving Pictures 0.65 is included.

Here are the important links

Streamed MP Home Page
Streamed MP Gallery
MP-TVSeries Setup Guide

Download StreamedMP 0.4.298

Contributors

Basically you have

spuck
ltfearme
losttown
Myself

To thank for this skin, and also Team Razorfish over at XBMC for first creating this skin

A big thanks also goes out to revs & darre who helped to test this skin at its various stages and provided valuable feedback.

Come across a Bug

As mentioned this is a beta so there will be bugs, your feedback will be much appreciated, please read this thread before submitting any bugs to the tracker. (shamelessly ripped from fforde:oops:)

Yabba

Portal Pro
July 13, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Very nice release, thank you very much, devs...

But I found a problem so far. While installing I chose "filmstrip view" as default for TV-Series. After starting MP I see "listposters view" in TV-Series, so I closed MP and went to TV-Series config and re-selected "filmstrip view". Back to MP and back to "listposters". What am I doing wrong?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hmmm, it should of worked from installation (I tested that). It didn't work from Configuration because TVseries is reading from a new file in the skin directory called 'TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml'

Try running Modify of the Installation and re-select Filmstrip, let us know if it works. If it doesn't just edit the TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ok, I'll try later this evening, I'm going to work now. Maybe I made an error while installing, I did it quite in a hurry because I was anxious to test it before going to work :)

I found another thing : in Moving Pictures filmstrip view the last posters of the list stay behind the text (and thus almost invisible) even when selected.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    ... The image problems with tvseries have been fixed ...

No need for the edited core.dll now?

Thanks for such great work guys...just read the new TVSeries wiki, you've put some great work into TVSeries and the installer - thanks so much ltfearme - the work you've put in to these skinning features is fantastic.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does this version of the skin work with the Core.dll from the latest SVN (7-1-2009)?

I am guessing it does, because the post about core.dll is gone. :)

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Observations

I have been testing StreamedMP since the release of MP1.0 and it is very slick.

I have a few minor observations:

1. My wife complained about the default background in mytvhomeserver.xml (the screen got to cluttered) so I have changed that to movieviewbg.png. While doing that I noticed that common.window.tv.xml was not used. Why? Just curious really. I wanted one place to change the background. It feels a bit unintuitive that the background grafic is hover_my tv.png. In the previous version I changed so it used common.window.tv.xml as an inclued and it worked.

2. Since we have small kids a not to seldom used feature in MP is to pause live TV. I observed that when doing that I get no current time (I watch live TV and press pause on the remote). If I however press I(nformation) and press Pause I get current time. Is there any way to always show the current time. Personally I would like to have the current time on the same place on all screens.

3. This is weird, but if you press pause in live TV and press "back" on the remote (back to mytvhomeserver.xml) and return to fullscreen tv again I get a red recording dot (naturally I don't recod anything). The dot seems weird in aspekt too, stretched horizontally.

Anyhow, thanks for great skin.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just wanted to say that the installer really is fantastic. I really like that "set as default skin" option, and the advanced setup of the TV-Series. Great work!

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom