ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx
    Is it planned to switch to DX11 completely or also to keep current versions in parallel?
    Generally there is one effect, that is really missing and would be helpful for lof of design features.
    • A blur effect with defined color and width around a frame
    With this effect following could be realized:
    • Shadow of mediaitems, fanarts etc.
    • Focus frame (currently used for covers only)
    • Blur effect for popup dialogs, while the center can remain semi transparent
    In case a complete switch to DX11 is not planned, could this be implemented?
    EDIT: These are the discussion from before. 2 other effects were already implemented.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/shader-effects.128261/

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it planned to switch to DX11 completely or also to keep current versions in parallel?
    Once the DX11 version is working without issues MP2 will be switched completely to new version.

But the existing effects can be made working again (I already did so for video rendering effects), so nothing will be lost. But you will additionally get all the D2D effects :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 could you check for a good solution for this view (took it from above):

the problem is the different layout of "filter items" (here the groups by name). they use a template with image+text, which makes them look different then the actual media items.

I could thinkg about 2 ways: adjust size of "filter item" to fit the media items and/or remove text label. But without text in this view browsing is made too difficult: you have to focus an item to see its title. So I'd prefer a way with text included.
    clipboard-1-jpg.163811

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Lehmden
    How did you achieve above view? I always wondered :D I have no filter option "group by name" or similar.
    Anyway I gonna look for a solution once I can reproduce it.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Once the DX11 version is working without issues MP2 will be switched completely to new version.

But the existing effects can be made working again (I already did so for video rendering effects), so nothing will be lost. But you will additionally get all the D2D effects :)

So there is a blur effect existing already? I could only find a zoomblureffect and the result was not as wished. In case somebody has no DX11 I'd prefer to also have a blur effect ... if possible of course

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Lehmden
    How did you achieve above view? I always wondered :D I have no filter option "group by name" or similar.
    Anyway I gonna look for a solution once I can reproduce it.
    Use different file names but inside the xml use a common name for all. This leads to "stacking" different files with same program title

Edit: the FilterItems are the same in all places, like folder browsing or grouping by attributes like genres

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Use different file names but inside the xml use a common name for all. This leads to "stacking" different files with same program title

Edit: the FilterItems are the same in all places, like folder browsing or grouping by attributes like genres

Done. I added a new container symbol. The label is inside. In case of space limitations the label text is running.
    The container symbol has a square aspect ratio, but looks well with all types of aspect transformation.
    container.jpg

EDIT: My change did not affect any other container symbols as browsing or filtering. There seem to be another style for that. I'll check it later.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh yes, there are two similar items (mediastyles.xaml):
    • <DataTemplate DataType="{x:Type navitems:ContainerItem}">
    • <DataTemplate DataType="{x:Type navitems:FilterItem}">

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How did you achieve above view?
    Did not do any special setup. Think it is a result of my custom naming scheme for recordings...
    I use "%title%\%title%" for one time recordings (gives "Avatar\Avatar.ts") and "%title%\S%series%E%episode% - %name%" for recurring recordings (gives " Castle\S1E1 - Blumen für dein Grab.ts"). As soon as more than one episode of a series recording is available those are grouped in folders in this view.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Had to play with my daughter today and had no time. I'll add also a new list view style for grouped items, additionally grid and list view styles for filtering and browsing folders. I think I can do it on Wednesday.

The other points depend partly on a blur effect, it's still not clear for me, if it will be available for non DX11 users. My Target design requires the effect. A workaround would result in not so nice designs :unsure:

With the next version of the MIA rework I'll also touch the series and music part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom