[new skin] pm3sexy - an updated PM3 4:3 skin (1 Viewer)

citizenkeys

Portal Pro
May 17, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
pm3sexy - A STREAMLINED MODIFICATION OF PROJECT MAYHEM III 4:3

MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - pm3sexy

th_1529_01.jpg

INTRODUCTION
This skin is a streamlined modification of Project Mayhem III 4:3.
The idea with this skin is less-is-more.
The design is based on the notion that 99% of the time you don't need to see all those extra buttons for settings, shutdown, etc.
Also, those extra buttons can be just as easily accomplished with the remote and/or keyboard without an actual button present on-screen.

This skin also fixes several broken aspects of project mayhem iii, which
is apparently no longer maintained for mediaportal.

This skin also includes a customized "Moving Pictures" layout.

USER-REQUIRED CHANGES FOR PROPER USE
* For proper viewing of the overlay on the Basic Home screen,
change string id 437 in your language file as follows:
to: /

Enhancements include
* Only a simplified "Basic Home" screen - no messy "Normal" homescreen.
* By design, "Basic Home" has no buttons for plugins, settings, quit, shutdown, etc.
* Video overlay has been redesigned for the home screen so that the overlay no longer covers the file details.
* Overlay file details reorganized so that file details appear in proper top-to-bottom order (file name, file album, file artist, file duration / file length).
* Each media section has its proper name at the top (Music, Videos, Pictures, etc.) instead of just "Shares".
* Video overlay no longer covers the list view.
* Clicking "up" on a top menu button now selects bottom menu entry.
* Clicking "down" on a bottom menu button now selects top menu entry.
* Automatically View the album art for the currently playing file on the left-hand navigation menu on the "Music" screen.
* Minor aesthetic changes.
* Unused skin files removed.
* "Theater View" button - A button for "Moving Pictures" plugin located on "My Videos".
* A customized "Moving Pictures" skin.

Changes to appear in future versions
* Better documentation for user-customized "multiimage" on "Basic Home" screen.
* Video playlist still doesn't work right in this skin. Music playlist does work, however.
* Better "Moving Pictures" skin.

Contact info
Please leave all feedback in the mediaportal skins forum.
Any desired changes will be considered for a future version.

MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - pm3sexy

nanogod

Portal Pro
March 22, 2007
Bamberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Looks (sounds) great. I like simple user interfaces.
Maybe you could post a few more screens? I´m currently at work and im unable to test this skin right now... :-(

But iwill try, when i´m at home..
cheers!

citizenkeys

Portal Pro
May 17, 2009
Home Country
i'm particularly proud of the layout fixes that keep the overlay from covering anything (the file list, file details, etc.).
feedback is appreciated.

citizenkeys

Portal Pro
May 17, 2009
Home Country
multiimage still works for the home screen buttons. so any image you put in the /skins/pm3sexy/media/animations/<whatever>/ folders will be included in the image rotation when you're hilighting over <whatever> button.

so, for example, if you copy 5 different images into the /skins/pm3sexy/media/animations/4x3home-myvideos/, then whenever you highlight the "Videos" button on the home screen, mediaportal will cycle through all 5.

it looks really smoothe when you see it.
i just put only one image in each folder because i wast testing the layout and wanted to simplify things.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You need to fix the skin settings screen though, as it's not currently possible to select another skin when yours is active.

Emph

citizenkeys

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2009
    Home Country
    once again... by design. i can see an instance where you might consider changing the skin regularly (for a party's theme, for example). but i personally don't ever change the skin so attention to that was intentionally left out.

the concept i was working with was that any mediaportal management should be done through the mediaportal config and not in the app itself.

but a simple "skinchanger" specific page will be considered for a future version.

i'm pleased overall with how well "Moving Pictures" integrated as the "Theater View" button in "My Videos".

Next version of this skin may also feature integration of MP-TVSeries
    ( MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - MP-TVSeries ).

cynserino

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Bucks County, PA
    Home Country
    I really like that some one is fixing PM3 for 1.0.2 I loved the skin, but it just didn't work right with the last update to MP. I'd love for MP-TV Series integration. That's the only real reason I use MP for the time being. I just don't have the money for a TV tuner and 16:9 HDTV yet... :( Any plans on MyAnime being added? With lwerndly trying to 'mimic' TV Series, it shouldn't be a hard addition. But I don't know skinning so... yea...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom