[New Skin] TrueView-Blue - in 800x600 (4x3) - Revealed (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    After a bit of coercion, and the fact that I've been talking endlessly :D about it in other threads, I'll take the plunge and show some pics of the skin I've been working on, seemingly for months.

For lack of any creativity in naming it, It is called TrueVue-Blue. Hopefully, it addresses some of the issues in readability that I have. A slightly different direction to that of aMPed (nice skin by the way) - TrueViewBlue is an extreme mod of Blue3, with stuff ripped off from just about every other skin (I never said it was original nor a creative design).

I've only worked on the screens I actually use, and include only a few plugins, including Infoservice, TV-Series, Last.FM and MovingPictures (which doesn't really get used all that much in favor of MyVideos - with it's GUI IMDB lookup). I added the DriveSpace plugin at this time to just monitor my RecordedTV drive. I still need to polish up some of the xmls, then try and get to the MP standards before attempting any new plugins (I'm gonna skip the wizard xml's altogether).

Comments are welcome.

Thanks to all those who are unwitting contributors to this skin :D

Chuck

Basic Home:

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Music --- There are 2 screen layouts in NowPlaying, one for fanart, one without (uses some visability controls) There is still that issue with #itemcount showing as Songs in Album view (should be maybe just Items)... and maybe forgo the total time (how is that figured in Album view?) ... it should only be Songs in track/playlist. Maybe now if "Playing track/tracks in Playlist" and total playtime can be shown in NowPlaying.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Videos --- I do have video fanart working on my HTPC, but I don't have enough RAM on my test machine, even after batch rescaling the fanart images to fit 800 wide. The Fanart uses the IMDB number rather than the name. I'm thinking of adding name as well to cover those homegrown videos or those not covered in the IMDB (gotta watch out for videos named with special characters)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    MovingPictures --- I need to fix the thumb folders in the icon views.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    MyPictures, MyHome, MyPlugins and InfoService. --- more tweeking... And a few selected screens showing the now-playing blocks (music and video overlays)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom