New to "blasting", ashamedly lost (1 Viewer)

Noelix

Portal Pro
February 18, 2006
Salt Lake City, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So I've been on these forums for quite some time and I've used MP for almost two years now. I've been using the MCE remote as everyone recommended it to me and it's been good to me. Now, the MCE remote can actually "learn" how to do certain things, which I learned about like 6 months ago and have since been able to change the volume on my television as well as turn it on. However, my wife fears change and multiple steps and doesn't use mediaportal like I do.

My goal is this. I want to be able to turn on and off my television set and change the volume on it. I also want to set up a macro so when you press the "tv on button", not only does it turn my television set on, but it goes to MyTV, turns on the tv stream, and goes full screen. Likewise for "PC standby" button, I want it to turn my tv off and then exit out of MyTV and turn off the tv stream.

Now I've been going at this all night now and have not had one success. I've gotten the IR Server Suite installed but it just isn't obeying my command it seems. On top of that, when I do test blasts, nothing happens to my television.

Can anyone give me some bare bones instructions as to how they have gotten theirs working? All the documentation is nice and I've been using it diligently but it's just not working.

PHansen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There are settings in the general settings for Media Portal which when tagged turn on the TV stream when entering MyTV and there is also one which makes the TV start in Fullscreen when you enter MyTV. All you should then need to do is set a macro to press the keyboard shortcut for MyTV after turning the TV on... I have no experience with the MCE remote at all so have no idea if macros are possible on it i'm sorry. As far as i'm aware though the iMon software can do macros and it sucks so there must be a macro option for the MCE remote :p

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well I understand that but I want to be able to make it a one button push away like a normal non-pvr'ed television. Since my first post I've gotten rid of the IR Server Suite as it was fairly complicated and probably overkill for what I need to do. I got the MCE Replacement Plugin installed and I have done tests to make sure it is indeed taking control of the remote. I removed the registry entries so that part is working properly.

Now let me describe how the plugin is not working for me. I get the program to "learn" my remote code successfully, and when I click on "test", the MCE IR receiver sends the signal to the blaster which is hanging in front of the tv (where I have tested that the remote works). Even though it is sending some kind of IR signal, nothing happens on the tv. I've tried it with Power On, Power Off, Volume Up, Volume Down, and nothing the blaster sends works.

When I try to set up a macro with one of these, it doesn't save the mapping. If I go into the mapping selection afterwards, the action area is blank, as if I had never saved in the first place.

sbp

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Auning
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It seems like it learnt some wrong codes.
    I once had this problem, which I solved by relearning the codes. And you need to have the remote very close to the IR-receiver (about 1 cm or less) - this is very important, when you try to learn it new codes.
    Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom