New to MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

krizla

January 31, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,
I don't know if this is the right place for this thread, feel free to replace it ...

I'm about to build MultimediaPC wich allows me to play mp3's, watch tv, watch dvd and burn dvd's (for backup mp3). Hardware is already tought of:
case: http://img.clubic.com/photo/00141795.jpg
monitor: 15" tft
... and the usual stuff.
But there will also be a beamer connected to it. It's for a public place. People only see what's on the beamer (when wtching tv or a dvd). When playing mp3's, the beamer will be shut down (or is it possible to show visuals?).

My questions:
*Does MediaPortal allow multiple monitors? Or does it just copy the screen on the next monitor?
*Does MediaPortal an external USB HD, if so, id it possible to use this external HD for all mp3's? In stead of the internal HD?
*Does MediaPortal support that Logitech R/F remote control? Wich allows you tu control all features?

madgibbon

January 8, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
- Multiple monitor support mainly depends on your O/S, Graphics Card and drivers. However is you are wanting to display TV on one monitor and music on another, I dont believe this is possible.

- MP has access to any drive which can be seen by the O/S

- I've found MP works best with the MCE remote, however you can get most other remotes to work. There is also various 3rd part software which will translate remote key presses to keyboard commands.

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If you want to play MP3, you might consider showing the "now playing" screen. Depending on your skin, but as an example:
nonafo061.jpg

If needed, it is not very hard to make simple modifications to these screens (removing buttons etc.)
I do not know how you want to select the music to play, but do look at the audioscrobbler plugin, which chooses the next song, based on the songs playing. Ideal for unattended run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom