new to MP, a few quick Q's! (1 Viewer)

zeltak

Portal Member
November 8, 2005
hi everyone! :D

this is my first day using media portal and im quite impressed (being a meedio user before). a few questions though i wasnt able to find answers to in the wiki:

1) the OSD in MP is always blurred and kinda strecehd and not sharp at all. it happens with all the skins what am i doing wrong? im sure it cant be that bad looking and non functional, can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?
2) i cant seem to find any way to launch external apps (like an *.exe file)
3) i cant seem to find anywhere to dl skins..apart from the basic 4 that came with the program
4)is there a way to stop the modul's (tv, dvd etc) to start again when you reach the end? i mean when you start with TV lets say and you press down down down, tv comes up again i want it to stop at the last entry and then i could manually go up to tv?

other then that im really excited about MP, great work!!!

thx in advance

Zeltak

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

1) Sounds as if you have set Overlay as Video Renderer. Try using VMR9 renderless.
    2) Use the very good My Programs plugin. Setup->Plugins
    http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/plugins:myprograms
    3) Looking on our frontpage you can find this site:
    http://www.mediaportal-skins.net/
    But since the development of MP is currently so fast, most skins are outdated, sadly...
    4) This was possible, do not know if it is still. Afaik you can find this setting in Setup->Plugins->Home

HTH and have fun, Flip.

PS: Please use the support template. It could have helped at least on the first question. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
    It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
    Replies
    Views
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own configuration tool you need to select "MediaPortal" as the output destination (or something like that). So this might be worth checking (just in case I have remembered it correctly). -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own...
    Hello, I am a new MP user. I recently installed MP2.3 on a HTPC running Win 7 64 bit. I have an networked Silicon Dust HDHR3-US...
    Replies
    Views
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had firewall issues with MP2, the client could not see the server unless I turned the firewall off on the server, all rules seemed present and correct, so I eventually uninstalled MP2 as I needed a working...
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had...
    I'm not quite sure what I've done, but somehow I seem to have broken our Mediaportal installation. I'm running it as a TV server...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-4969] - Fix typo in...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Worth a shot. It also seems from your logs that Windows Update is failing? Might be worth trying to resolve that. As a long shot you could try recreating your TV server database: Create an export of your existing database using the TV Server Configuration, stop the server, move or rename 'MP2TVE_3.s3db' under 'C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Worth a shot. It also seems from your logs that Windows Update is failing? Might be worth trying to resolve that. As a long shot...
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3 Description Hi, I have been running mediaportal 1 for years, but my pc needed some work (Motherboard...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom