New to MP - need help with basics =0( (1 Viewer)

PrimoOptimoso

December 10, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi guys. I hit up the IRC channel last night and got help with setting up one little bit of MP (thanks, Dadeo), but need some more basic guidance so I can enjoy this looks-way-better-than-MC bit of software!

1. when changing any settings at all from within MP (like making changes to the x-factor skin, or trying to filter out feeds in OnlineVideos), my only way "out" is to hit the Esc key... which cancels out all the changes! For instance I tried to change x-factor to "vertical, RSS" using the in-MP setup menus, but when i exited the config it was back to the picture of the chairs and the window, with just the small home menu on the left. What do I have to do to make it "save"?
- As for OV, I had to configure the feed selection in MPconfig instead.

2. How do I change what items appear in the Home or BasicHome menus? Actually, which screen is Home vs BasicHome? I reverted to B3W after the xfactor thing didn't work, so tell me in B3W terms.

3. I don't want to bother with actual TV and have no tuner card, but I use ZincTV for "online TV" - is there a plan for a fully-integrated Zinc plugin, or would I have to just launch Zinc from a plugin like Multishortcut?

- 3b. does Multishortcut allow one to add top level menu items to Home/Basichome?

Or, just look below, this encompasses kind of all of these: Here's what I want MP to do/look like, can someone tell me how to achieve? Sadly, even though I'm in IT, this kind of thing is completely foreign to me so be gentle and concise.

(Begin: green button on MC remote starts MP - running MPtray so this should be OK)

Main menu/home screen, horizontal bar:

Online TV (Zinc) -- Movies -- Pictures -- Music -- Games -- Weather

Sub-selections, vertical dropdowns from the horiz bar:

• Online TV: no sub-items - want Zinc to launch on click of Online TV tile.
  • Movies: My Movies library, My Videos library (i.e. one is feature films and the other is stuff I shot with my camera, etc)
  • Pictures: none - launch My Pictures library on tile click
  • Games: Steam, [other game], [other game] etc.
  • Weather: none - just pop up MP weather on tile click (or, take it out of the menu bar and have the weather displayed on homescreen with the time)

and, of course, to go back to MP on exit from any outside apps. What do you think?

Setup: Win7, dualcore AMD, ATI 5450 gpu, 4GB RAM.

:D:sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom