New to this plugin - confused; inconsistent importing (1 Viewer)

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Loving this plugin but I'm having trouble grasping how to get consistent results for imports. My specific example has to do with The Simpsons DVD sets.

I'm ripping every episode to an .mpg file using this format: Simpsons S01E01.mpg; Simpsons S01E02.mpg etc, and was having no issues for the first six seasons. Now, on season seven and eight, the importer doesn't find all the relevant data from the database. All I get is the cover art and the disc specs in the data fields...missing are titles and all content info and graphics. I checked thetvdb.com and verified that the data indeed exists there, so I'm not sure what I might be missing to get this to work.

Can I get a few pushes in the right directions toward troubleshooting this? :confused:

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    well, thetvdb uses a different entry for automated requests.
    When you check thetvdb all may be fine, but for the MP-TVseries plugin it may not.
    You will have to include some log files.
    How to gather log files

Edit: it may even be a tvdb issue. Have a look at this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/no-synopsis-70230/

Thx for the response Marvenius. I didn't realize the association with thetvdb wasn't more direct with the plugin. I was able to get the seasons to populate by using the airing setting instead of DVD after a rebuild of the database, but I'll checkout the link and post logs when I get home this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom