New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

The Episodescanner is a little command line utility that scans your schedules and then adds episodenumber and seriesnumber to the relevant EPG entries. So from now on you can also manager your series recordings within MP-TVSeries. It does NOT rename any files which still exist.

Features:
    - adds for all planned schedules episodenumber and seriesnumber to EPG
    - caches all grabbed information so that there is no need to rescan the backend database
    - supported Backends: thetvdb (international), Wunschliste (only German), Fernsehserien (only German)
    - a lot more

Requirements:
    - min. MediaPortal 1.1.0 or min. 4TR 1.4
    - internet connection

Changelog:
    02.02.13: fixed site layout changes for fernsehserien
    17.01.13: 1.) fix various utf8 bugs with non ascii chars 2.) fix site layout changes at fernsehserien
    23.11.12: updated version to reflect site changes of fernsehserien and wunschliste
    01.06.11: fixed a lot of bugs in wunschliste and fernsehserien (no fixes for international users)
    23.05.11: fixed wrong config.sample.txt and added more debug logging
    05.05.11: blacklist for thumbnail generation, blacklist for scheduled programs which aren't series, fixes for parsing fernsehserien, wunschliste and thetvdb
    24.02.11: multiple languages for thetvdb + a lot of fixes
    26.02.10 new features: 1.) remove files from recording db if they exist in tvseries 2.) substitutions for specific strings
    21.01.10 new features: 1.) execute an external program every X hours 2.) optimize MySQL DB every X hours
    17.01.10 fixed: disabling of thetvdb does not work / windows versions without charsetencoding should now work
    14.01.10 added 4TR support + other languages + bug fixes
    10.07.09 added MySQL support
    19.07.09 added Wunschliste as backend
    01.07.09 initial release

Installation:
    1. download: (Version 02.02.2013) episodescanner.rar
    2. extract it where you want - but on the system where tv-server or 4tr runs
    3. rename config.smaple.txt to config.txt and open it in a text editor
    4. configure it like you want - especially the MySQL / MSSQL part
    5. start run_once.bat to check if everything is OK
    6. if you want add run_loop.bat to autostart folder - so that it runs the whole time and rescans your DB
    7. have fun and reconfigure your recording settings to support episodenumber and seriesnumber
    f.e.:
    TV-Server Setup:
    Recording Settings => Custom Paths and Filenames => Recording Series => Filename:
    %title%\%title% - (%name%) S%series%E%episode% - %date% - %start%

the rule for mp-tvseries is then:
    MP Setup:
    Plugins => MP-TV Series => Config => Import => Parsing Expressions =>
    ^.*?\\(?<series>.*?) - \((?<title>.*?)\) S(?<season>[0-9]+?)E(?<episode>[0-9]+?) - [0-9]+-[0-9]+-[0-9]+ - [0-9]+_[0-9]+\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

If you have any problems:
    - please start run_debug.bat and attach your log.txt file here in the forum

Thanks!

Stefan

Last edited:

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you so much again for the tool. Question however: is this updated from the one we worked on to allow for permutations in the name such as "Vs." and "versus"?

EDIT:
    Correction. This almost is working. The 4TR DB only has single digit season/episode numbers in it if they are less than 10, instead of double digit. Will this effect MP-TV series?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR E

Thank you so much again for the tool. Question however: is this updated from the one we worked on to allow for permutations in the name such as "Vs." and "versus"?
    It is newer than yours - but it does not contain permutations. This is a little bit complex and i've to look how i can solve this.

Correction. This almost is working. The 4TR DB only has single digit season/episode numbers in it if they are less than 10, instead of double digit. Will this effect MP-TV series?
    No it hasn't => EpisodeNumber => int(11) this is a lot more than one digit :)

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Hmmm.. Maybe I should elaborate. For a show I have: Frasier. Your tool correctly downloaded season 9 episode 11, but when it was named, it only output s9e11 instead of s09e11. See what I mean? I was surprised, the recording did show up in MP-TV series, but it did not add any metadata to it. It just has the file name, Title, season, and episode number. For some reason, it will not scrape the database for the info for it. I did click on update infor on the online tab.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG

ah OK 9 is correct there are no leading zeros. I also have all my files named S2E4 and so on and they're grabbed by MP TVSeries correctly.

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Hmmm.. Any ideas why the recording is picked up by MP-TV series, it lists it in the correct show, season, and has the place for it but everything is blank? Does it only scrape info after a recording is done?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG

no sorry - you should ask mp tveries dev.

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2010
    Home Country
    After a little digging, I found out that it is theTVDB.com website that is down, so once it gets back up, I should get my info! No problems here!

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

;-)

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi disaster123,

your tool is running great here, thanks! what do you think is the best option to run this in the background? i created a task which starts on system start for the loop-batch. is this ok?

nicx...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom