MP2 - V2.4 New user - Windows auto login question (1 Viewer)

cellsee6

June 26, 2022
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Before i install MediaPortal2 I read the system information .
It says:
Setup your system to auto-logon when Windows starts.
My network requires me to have a password for every Windows account. Cannot get around this.
What changes to the installation process must I make because of this constraint?

Thank you for your help.

My system: Windows 10 Pro, Hauppauge HVR 1850 board, Comcast cable, set top boxes.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Before i install MediaPortal2 I read the system information .
    It says:
    Setup your system to auto-logon when Windows starts.
    My network requires me to have a password for every Windows account. Cannot get around this.
    What changes to the installation process must I make because of this constraint?

Thank you for your help.

My system: Windows 10 Pro, Hauppauge HVR 1850 board, Comcast cable, set top boxes.
    It's not necessary to have a system logging in automatically for MP2.
    There could be only a benefit, if you prefer to start MP2 after booting and have no keyboard connected (situation in my living room).

Patrik-See

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You don't need a Windows account. You can also remove the login password so that the PC is always logged in the same way. Makes sense at an HTPC because you don't have to connect a mouse and keyboard.

-------------------------

Du benötigst kein Windows Account. Ebenso kannst Du das Anmelde Passwort entfernen so das der PC immer gleich angemeldet ist.

Macht an einem HTPC einfach Sinn da man so keine Maus und Tastatur anschließen muss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom