new version? (1 Viewer)

remb0

Portal Pro
April 2, 2009
when can we expect a new version of this great plugin?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Probably towards the end of this month of maybe early July. Please keep in mind though that this is very tentative. Everyone on our team works on Moving Pictures in their spare time so sometimes things slow down to make room for real life. ;) We are hard at work on the new version though.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Indeed, Filtering, Categories, MediaInfo, Parental Controls, Multi-Lingual Support, should be a good release. :p

Downus

April 29, 2009
Indeed, Filtering, Categories, MediaInfo, Parental Controls, Multi-Lingual Support, should be a good release. :p

Please take your time, because this new release sound awesome!

Thanks for the great work of all the team members.

plaus

Portal Member
May 4, 2009
First of all, I'm greatly looking forward to the newest release. Only thing that really annoys me is that I can't view such basic info as the aspect ratio, 720p/1080p/SD, bluray/dvd, framerate, NTSC/PAL,.... with logos like in TV series plugin. It's the only feature that really is lacking so I'm glad to hear that it will quite possibly be implemented in the very near future.

But errh I do have a question about this mediainfo thing. Will this include pressing a button for seeing a popup with all this info (besides having logos when browsing through your movies) + the filename of the file? The only other thing that lacks besides logos is being able to see the filename.
I like to know who has encoded the movie, and maybe even what encoding settings were used.

Anyways an information tab/popup function with all the specific details would be great, somewhat like mediainfo shows you in its text view but then more polished. Encoding settings aren't a must but I'd at least like to be able to see in text format which resolution, SD/HD, which audio codec, which container, which video codec and not to be forgotten, the filename ;)
Do you intend to simply implement usage of the logos or also a detailed information popup as described above? Please tell me the latter as it would make movingpictures the most perfect movies plugin.
A IMDB Top250 logo and a Criterion Collection logo would be great too.

Peace

*edit:
Now that I'm on it, I can just as well give another suggestion. I know most people won't have much use for this but for some people it might come in very handy. I love movies so a lot of my movie folders contain the DVD/... extras like deleted scenes or a making of documentary. In TV series plugin you can just add those as specials using the S00E.. filename. It would be nice to have moving pictures detect these extras (say, by automatically importing files as "extras" for a movie when they're in the <movie>\extras folder).
So in practice a movie would have a button to toggle and list the extras then..or a similar function. Right now all you can do is either manually import the extras as an extra movie..but this isn't really aesthetic as it takes up an extra unnecessary slot in the GUI. Another solution is like selecting the extras together with the movie as one file but this also isn't really handy as you won't really know which extras are included as it won't be listed in the GUI at all.
Being able to select every single one of them would be much nicer. Right now I simply don't import my extras at all but this blows since I will mostly forget about owning them and not ever watch them as a consequence, whereas I frequently am genuinely interested in these extras after watching eg an influential or a great movie.
Anyways, let me know if you'd rather have me put this on the google code page so other people can see it and make comments on it. I don't know if you'll find this feature worthwhile implementing but this combined with mediainfo would make the perfect moving pictures for me :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
We have have an enhancement scheduled for bonus content, dvd extra, etc. As for the display of the filename, I think I mentioned this in another thread but this is already possible, most skins just choose not to display this information. If it's something you'd like to see I'd suggest modding the skin you are using.

plaus

Portal Member
May 4, 2009
We have have an enhancement scheduled for bonus content, dvd extra, etc. As for the display of the filename, I think I mentioned this in another thread but this is already possible, most skins just choose not to display this information. If it's something you'd like to see I'd suggest modding the skin you are using.
Good to see you plan to implement this too. You've indeed already told me about the filename..I'm gonna mod streamedmp as soon as you release 0.8..which hopefully will be soon ;)

Users who are viewing this thread