New video crash with Combined Community Codec Pack 2011-06-26 (1 Viewer)

FireAza

Portal Pro
June 30, 2011
Hey guys,
I updated to the recently released 2011-06-26 version of the Combined Community Codec Pack (had been using version 2010-10-10), and everything seemed to be fine, I played a few mkvs without issue. But then a tried to play an avi file, and MP just vanished. No "stopped responding" window, no freezing, just a few seconds of black screen when I played the video, then MP was closed. I've played this video before successfully in MP, but that was when I was on the older version of the CCCP. I suspect that the new version of the CCCP is the cause of the issue, since that's the only thing I've changed recently. The thing is, the problmatic video plays fine when I open it in Media Player Classic, so I don't think my codecs are broken.

Any idea how to fix this issue? Aside from going back to the older version of the CCCP?

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: Xfactor
Windows Version: 7 64-bit
CPU Type: Intel i7 960
HDD: 4x SATA drives of differing sizes
Memory: 9GB
Motherboard: Alienware
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 570
Video Card Driver: 275.33
Sound Card: N/A
Sound Card AC3: N/A
Sound Card Driver: N/A
1. TV Card: N/A
1. TV Card Type: N/A
1. TV Card Driver: N/A
2. TV Card: N/A
2. TV Card Type: N/A
2. TV Card Driver: N/A
3. TV Card: N/A
3. TV Card Type: N/A
3. TV Card Driver: N/A
4. TV Card: N/A
4. TV Card Type: N/A
4. TV Card Driver: N/A
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: N/A
HTPC Case: N/A
Cooling: Air
Power Supply: UNKNOWN
Remote: unbranded RF
TV: Panasonic Viera
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI out via GTX 570

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi FireAza

Do you have some logs for us? As the support forum rules clearly say:

Without logs it is IMPOSSIBLE for us to help you!

Grabbing logs honestly couldn't be easier if you use the watchdog. Just start MP with the watchdog (use option 1), then attempt to play the video. If MP crashes then logs will be collected and we should be able to start to trace the crash.

mm

FireAza

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2011
    Whoops, my bad! :oops: I've attached the log. Curiously, when I play the video with Watch Dog, My default skin doesn't load, and I can't load the MyAnime2 plugin, which is how I normally play videos, this results in a different crash when I try to play the video, I get a "has stopped responding" crash instead of MP just vanishing.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cheers for that! :D

Curiously, when I play the video with Watch Dog, My default skin doesn't load, and I can't load the MyAnime2 plugin, which is how I normally play videos, this results in a different crash when I try to play the video, I get a "has stopped responding" crash instead of MP just vanishing.
    One of the points of watchdog is to eliminate plugins/skins as a cause of the problem. If MyAnime2 were part of the cause then you would need to take the problem to the dev who is supporting that plugin. Since MP still crashes with the default player we can guess that something must be wrong with the core of MP...

mm

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    First, you are using VMR9 on Windows 7 OS - please change that to EVR in MP config (somewhere near the codec selection).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm with Tourettes - was about to say the same thing. I don't see anything else particularly out of the ordinary. I note that the event log references msvcrt.dll, so something on the C++ side not happy (???).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'm with Tourettes - was about to say the same thing. I don't see anything else particularly out of the ordinary. I note that the event log references msvcrt.dll, so something on the C++ side not happy (???).

Probably some codec that has been updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom