New View: Recently Added (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    next public build contains the option for defining a view on "Recently Added" songs.

2 ways to implement it:

1. delete your existing MusicViews.xml and it'll recreate the default views
    2. if you don't want to loose your existing views, cause you modified the default views, just add a new view and name it i.e. "RecentlyAdded".

Set Following values:
    selection -> recently added
    operator -> leave it empty
    restriction -> 7 (to list the songs added in the last 7 seven days)

yvos

Portal Member
    November 5, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Is it possible to have the recently added view per Album or per Artist instead of the whole list of tracks?
    I have tried to play with the settings but didn't succeed.

Thanks in advance,
    Yuri

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sorry currently not possible.
    that would require a lot of change to the view builder, which can't be done at the moment.

yvos

Portal Member
    November 5, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's to bad. Maybe one 'small' change request then; For me it would be usefull to sort the list per album but after that also per track.
    Somehow the import works random so all tracks are sorted at random.

Thanks again.
    Yuri

yvos

Portal Member
    November 5, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sure but what I meant was the sort order after selecting Album or Artist. If I choose sort on Album the sort of the tracks is still at random.

vinnythetrue

Portal Member
    September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm sorry to say that, but from the outside it appears to be real ugly code... It sound just so specific (like the number in the restriction field !) I can't imagine it's well integrated. And with a DB I just can't imagine what can stand in the way to implement such a feature, apart from another ugly code of course...

I'm just wondering why adding a filter selecting Albums, limiting to X and sorting by Date is not working to show the X more recent albums :mad:

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm sorry to say that, but from the outside it appears to be real ugly code... It sound just so specific (like the number in the restriction field !) I can't imagine it's well integrated. And with a DB I just can't imagine what can stand in the way to implement such a feature, apart from another ugly code of course...

I'm just wondering why adding a filter selecting Albums, limiting to X and sorting by Date is not working to show the X more recent albums :mad:

Yeah, super. I need statements like that to motivate me.

Grab, Visual Studio 2008 express and show us that you can do better.

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    Most of us are on your team hwahrmann, chin up its nearly Christmas.

Be a long wait for less "ugly" code I reckon:D

vinnythetrue

Portal Member
    September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Well, I grabbed 2005, too lazy to take a new one.
    But like I already said, sorry to say that, my point was not to demotivate or to lower the meaning of your work. I confess I said that with some angry and apologize for it.
    But, when updating the code from the svn it seemed to me that this fonctionality is working in the head version, am I right ? (selecting x albums sorted by date will actually show the x more recent/old albums).

Again, sorry for the harshness of my words, didn't really mean it. It's not perfect, but great work though and thx for it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom