Newb Help with Many Questions (1 Viewer)

acegolfer

November 16, 2006
I'm a long time GB-PVR user and just found out MP, TVE3 now supports ATSC HDTV. I have several questions before converting to MP. My HTPC in the family room with 2 Fusion5L cards is connected to a 60" TV. My GB-PVR works perfectly 99% of the time.

Q1. What is the correct order of installing MP and TVE3? Do I even need MP, if TV viewing is all I need?

Q2. Can I schedule recording from remote computer? Do I need to install a 3rd party software?

Q3. Does the MP playback use DirectShow? If not, how's the PQ compared with WMP, Zoomplayer, Theatertek?

Q4. As I understand MP uses VMR9. How can I configure it to be VMR9 fullscreen exclusive renderless?

Q5. Can I change the key stroke mapping?

Q6. Occasionally, I want to watch recorded HDTV shows (DVR-MS) from upstair laptop with wireless-G connection. Opening the file in the network folder stutters due to the limited bandwidth speed. The only option is streaming. Is it possible?

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
il take a crack at some of these questions.
1) i believe you still need MP installed ont eh server as well as the tv engine and the client just needs MP and the client plugin.
2) yes you can scheulde recordins from teh remote computer as teh tv guide information is stored on teh server. no need for 3rd party software.
3) i believe the tv engine has been created with its on directshow filters, but i may be wrong on this. PQ is very good from teh streams.
4) i dont' believe there is a way of running MP in anything other than VMR9, with the exceptions of the older versions
5) key stroke mapping as in the remote mapping, there is a feature to change the remote control mapper and i have a feeling there might also be a shortcut menu but i dont' know if you can change these settings or not
6) The answer is yes, HD shows are a little bit more troublesome on wireless networks, you will have more stutter with HD shows compared to say SD or DVDs. There is bandwidth issues with wireless g

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom