Newbie: How to control the HTPC with out starting the TV (1 Viewer)

RonnyLULU

July 28, 2010
Hi,

I am new into HTPCs. Therefor i have readed a lots of threads and internet sites but i still have some questions, mainly about "how to control the htpc". As there is a lot of "know how" here in the forum am sure you can help me. Thankx in advanced :) And sorry for my english :)

As im planning to build htpc, i have some questions about how to control the wmc with starting the TV :mainly for selecting Playlist, browse albums, artist ... (thats important for the WAF)

As i found out there are a few possibilities: but whats your opinion, what are the advantages an disadvantages :

• Case with TouchScreen: (f.ex. ORIGEN s21t S16T, silverstobe cw03) looks very good for me but...
    As it seems there is a problem with BluRays and HDCP. How does thoes Touchscreens work/work not with BluRays? Clone Mode? Theater Mode? Extended Desktop? How about resolutions? (When watching Movies or BluRays the touch could be off...that would not be a problem because the TV will be on....only music has to be controlable without the TV)
  • WMC-SideShow-like Devices: F.ex. Ricavison SideShow remot....looks also very good for me...
    but WMC-SideShow seems to be dead....there are not many devices which you can really buy..is there an alternative
  • Seperate Touch for S21T : Origen T12 ....looks also good..
    but with cable.... And how about BluRays?...HDCP? (When watching Movies or BluRays the touch could be off...that would not be a problem because the TV would be on....)
  • SmartPhone: ...no WAF....she hats phones with a touch display
  • Seperate Display, TabletPC or All-in-one (even wall mounted)...no WAF....not en other PC just to control the HTPC
  • Other Devices like FingerVU (Soundgraph): just a few Infomartions on the Internet...is that a SideShowDevice...is that conntecd by USB...how about the Userinterface....own software or mediacenter look...Home

Are there other options with MediaPortal? Which would be the best to control music without the TV?

Thank you for your answers...

Greetings

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom