Newbie Q: will MP be able (with plug-ins) to do everything I need? (1 Viewer)

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The greatest challenge of all is to stop tinkering and leave it alone once everything is sorted out. Me leaving the HTPC in a weird state too often when tinkering did not help getting the system accepted.

Exactly why I have a dev box - and just upgrade monitor to 1920x1080 - so I can tinker - just updating BBC weather plugin in Titan based on Frames, as I prefer it's layout, then it's the showtimes plugin, like the layout from Avalanche:love:

Re Remote - I had iMon [shuttle case, build in irRec] , worked fine, now have Harmony, again works fine - what was the killer fix for me was shortcutter plugin - have same config on my 4th iteration of system.

Cheers - JCMP.

octessence

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2012
    Germany
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There is a netflix plugin that was recently developed, and I believe it is in working condition.

So there is. I have not tried NetflixAlpha yet but I will have to try it. From past experience, Netflix MP plugins only tend to work on USA accounts and not UK.[DOUBLEPOST=1382186288][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Re Remote - I had iMon [shuttle case, build in irRec] , worked fine, now have Harmony, again works fine - what was the killer fix for me was shortcutter plugin - have same config on my 4th iteration of system.

Cheers - JCMP.

For me there were always problems. I have an Antec Micro Fusion 350 case with built in IMon.

The IMonManager would occasionally go yellow and stop working, sometimes spurious characters got fired off for no reason or it acted like I held down a key, there were no independent Power On/Off keys that could be mapped to separate Logitech harmony controls which left the TV and HTPC on/off state out of sync, no true 'guide' button, the screen it far too bright event at the lowest setting, when it scrolls everything go blurry... I could go on but when I got rid of that thing was the point at which my wife stopped using the fallback Sky box I still had running in parallel.

I will never, ever buy a case with an iMon receiver again but so as not to hijack the thread... I'll shut up about iMon now...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom