[solved] Newbie - Some Pointers in the Right Direction (1 Viewer)

ChubbyArse

Portal Member
December 28, 2011
Hi All, I'm very new to MP - moving from WMC.

I'd like to create a visual plugin that works a lot like the Movie Guide, displays a coverflow representation of the movies listed in the EPG. I had a dig around the plug in repository and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the amount of (good) stuff there is, so I'd appreciate some pointers to some existing examples of similar component usage. So, scratching the surface I need to know how to:
  • Access the EPG data stored and query it for movies / films and then possibly by genre?
  • Determine if any returned from above are already set to record
  • Initiate a record of an EPG programme (and potentially resolve recording conflicts)
I think I'll be able to figure the presentation aspects from the prior art in the repository (starting simply of course).

Thanks for any help you can give.

ChubbyArse

Portal Member
December 28, 2011
Could someone point me in the direction of a window plugin that uses EPG data? I've tried adding the TVBusinessLayer to my plugin and consuming it, however it requires the Gentle....dlls as dependencies - which cause a failure when my plugin starts. I'll post the exact logs when I get home later on.

Is the Gentle framework a new addition to MP 1.7? I'm testing my plugin on a MP1.7 pre release install?

Do I have to run epg schedule based stuff in a TVServer plugin and provide data to a windows plugin manually?

Thanks

Last edited:

ChubbyArse

Portal Member
December 28, 2011
Thanks for the link - the TvPlugin was exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't find it cause I assumed it was part of the MediaPortal UI solution.
Between the TvPlugin code and the GUIVideos plugin code - I should have enough now to go on to cobble together something.

The SetGentleCOnfigFile method was what I needed to get it starting up properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom