Newbie stuck in this TV-Card type jungle (1 Viewer)

iMse

Portal Pro
February 4, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have looked around quite a bit on the internet to find an answer to my very newbieish simple question. So now I´m asking :)
I live in sweden, and I am connected to the regular comhem cable network. What type of TV-card should I chose?

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Go for a Hauppauge PVR500MCE.
    Dual tuner, double the fun, does work flawlessly witp MediaPortal.

iMse

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks alot. My wallet didn't really like the PVR-500 one though. But the PVR-150 MCE edition seems to suit it just fine. BTW, does anyone know the difference between the regular edition and the MCE edition? the regular one seems to be more expensive then the MCE one.

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    iMse said:
    Thanks alot. My wallet didn't really like the PVR-500 one though. But the PVR-150 MCE edition seems to suit it just fine. BTW, does anyone know the difference between the regular edition and the MCE edition? the regular one seems to be more expensive then the MCE one.
    The variations are with/without remote and with without box, manual etc.
    The MCE is often the one without remote and box ("to be used for MediaCenter producers"). The card itself is the same.

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    wortelsoft said:
    Cards are not the same.

pvr150mce tv+radio no remote control delivered as an oem part (just a bag)

pvr150 tv remote control delivered in a nice box with manual, software etc.
    Sorry, my fault, wortelsoft is quite right. I didn't know there was any difference outside the goodies.
    Two links:
    150MCE

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    Country flag
    Diamond PVR550 Xtreme TV II, with firefly remote integrates well with MP and is 85 dollars from Newegg.

iMse

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Already bought a PVR-150MCE with radio AND a remote. :)
    Thanks anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Help with TV setup DE
    I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch them there. I don't have NextPVR working yet so I don't get any TV guide or able to record. But it's closer than I've been before. I don't understand why HDhomerun can pick up my channels and MP picks them...
    I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch...
    I’ve looked around and this MediaPortal seems like the perfect thing for me. I just can’t seem to get it setup correctly...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Replies
    Views
    Great! Will you capture this in a Jira so that it shows up in the Changelog?
    Great! Will you capture this in a Jira so that it shows up in the Changelog?
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3 Description Hi there, first of all many thanks for all the great work you are doing! I run a...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi mm1352000, first thanks for your lightning fast reply. Of course this is not an issue of Mediaportal. Sorry if this somehow sounded like that. I just wanted to check, if someone has made similar experience and possibly found a solution/driver that works. But the chances that a similar configuration is in use is pretty low, I...
    Hi mm1352000, first thanks for your lightning fast reply. Of course this is not an issue of Mediaportal. Sorry if this somehow...
    Hi, I guess I need some help from the experts here. If you are looking for the Log-Files, please be so kind and take a minute to...
    Replies
    Views
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section. The discussion about your issues is taking place here: Installation failing
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section...
    I have been looking for a replacement to Windows Media Center for a little over a year.No luck. Now, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom