[solved] Newbie user, new card (tbs6985) and first integration with MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

beranim

June 1, 2014
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Day two.

The position remains, i still have issues with getting EPG into MediaPortal. I can watch channels successfully, I can record channels successfully - just no EPG.
To see if this was a wider problem, i installed some freebie software (provided with the new card) and DVB Dream worked like ... a dream. It appears to show a much better EPG result than MediaPortal so it looks to me like it is a configuration aspect of MediaPortal (or rather my installation).

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    Can you just post a couple of screen shots of the epg, tv epg and radio epg settings as you have them configured in MP tv server configuration.

beranim

June 1, 2014
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Hi,

I hope you can see this - if not I can supply in a word doc.

upload_2014-6-2_19-43-3.png

TV
    upload_2014-6-2_19-43-23.png

Radio

upload_2014-6-2_19-43-44.png

b.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    The mistake is the radio epg. Unselect the option 'Store data only for selected channels'.

Also in the first screenshot make sure grapping epg when idle is selected.

Both these things are crucial to get it working.

I also tend to leave 'Always try to update existing entries...' ticked as well.

Now refresh the epg and I promise it will work :)

beranim

June 1, 2014
    Leeds
    Home Country
    HI erichzann

You are a man of your word, and it has loaded the EPG. Brilliant, I can't thank you enough.:)

I am sure more questions will arise, but thanks again, I will close this thread down.

bernaim

Neild7744

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2013
    Home Country
    EPG collector is good piece of software. Mine runs every morning at 3am and collects freeview, astra 28.2 and hotbird 13e data. Loads it into mediaportal a treat.

Those tbs cards are fking good. I use a 6985 and it's solid. Recommend all of the tbs stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom