Portal Member
August 13, 2008
Hello to all,

I have started with my own HTPC, here are the specs for the machine:

Case: Antec Fusion v2 430
MB: Abit Fatality F-190HD
CPU: E6300 @ stock
Memory: 2Gb Corsair 800mhz
HardDrive: 500Gb WD * changed to : Western Digital Scorpio 320GB 2.5" SATA-300 5400rpm 8MB*
Optical: Liteon DVD/RW
GPU: sapphire 4670 1GB and Zalman VNF100 *used to be Gigabyte 7900gt with Zalman Vf-700 *
TV-cards: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T 500 and Terratec 2400i DT

Remote: Logitech Harmony 525 *at the moment using hauppauge 45-button remote*
TV: Panasonic 28" Tube ( :rolleyes: I know i should upgrade to LCD but I am broke )
Receiver: Ancient, Onkyo DTS receiver.
Speakers: Eltax 5.1 speaker system

Software:

-MP 1 RC2
*CybrDisplay External Status Plugin

- Latest Imon drivers from Soundgraph
- Latest FFDSHOW for codecs
- MediaPortal.imo for Imon shortcuts for MP

So far I have gotten the MP to work well with music and Video, also the Antec LCD/Volume Knob are working like a charm with cybermage´s great plugin, EQ and everything working. Haven´t tried TV-cards or the remote yet but slowly I will move to those.

If you guys have any pointers that I should take account, please, tell me . I am still looking for a keyboard to use the system thinking of this:
iOne Scorpius P20 USB 2.4 Ghz Wireless Keyboard w/ Joystick Mouse

I am not asking much from the keyboard, but if you have any other in the same pricerange, I would like to know.
* Edit Ended up buying this: http://www.microcomponentsfinland.f...cts_id=2676&osCsid=9ivrdk28vfncdumoln43nsudq4
Trackball, scrollwheel and 17 multimedia buttons. 9 of the have automaticly function in MP

Also I have tried 1 plug-in for webstreams, My Webstream but don´t know how to configure new channels to it, namely this Finnish rock channel ( Radio Rock) , Radio Rock - musiikki, keikat, uutiset ja nettiradio. Pointers on how to get it to work would be nice :)

TODO list:

- Antec case IR problems * Found Workaround with Hauppauge IR receiver*
- Configure Logitech Harmony 525 for use * On Hold*
- Configure Hauppauge nova-t 500 for use *DONE*
- Configure Hauppauge hvr-1200 for use *NOT USED ANYMORE*
- Test the recordings, 3 channel groups at the same time * 2 channels from different groups recorded at the same time ,the limit of my system at the moment9
- Webradio, my webstream or something else *DONE*

Few images at last:

30032009228.jpg

30032009230.jpg

30032009231.jpg

MC_Mice

Portal Member
August 13, 2008
Update from yesterday,

I have managed to get the nova-t card to work , not all the channels can be found but that is because the location of the window, it is facing away from the linktower. Also, for some reason the IR in the Antec case is not responding .So I decided to use the IR bundled with the tv-card and it works like a charm with the hauppauge remote. Will tackle the IR problem on case later, with the harmony remote.

MC_Mice

Portal Member
August 13, 2008
I cannot get the hauppauge remote to work correctly, i have arrow buttons , ok and numbers working, but would like to use all the 45 buttons.
What should I do/try to make it work?

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I cannot get the hauppauge remote to work correctly, i have arrow buttons , ok and numbers working, but would like to use all the 45 buttons.
    What should I do/try to make it work?

mediaportal configuration.exe - remote - hauppauge

have u tried enabling that?

MC_Mice

Portal Member
    August 13, 2008
    Odd thing happened or as I say "default windows action"

The remote started to work correctly, without any reason what so ever...
    Now every button has the correct functionality, as in the MP configuration/remote/Hauppauge

Still would like to able to start MP with remote from windows desktop. How do I manage this?

MC_Mice

Portal Member
    August 13, 2008

Thanks for this, I really should have used the search for this issue, sorry about that.
    It was pretty simple, although it was never mentioned that I should restart the Hauppauge IR program to get the changes in the irremote.ini to have affect. Or I missed that part ( which is totally possible) :oops:

Now only the get the remote to respond quickly but without double clicks, some finetuning on the remote settings...

MC_Mice

Portal Member
    August 13, 2008
    Little update on my setup.
    Managed to get the my streamradio plug-in working, needed to register the axvlc.dll and use 0.8.6h build instead the latest 0.8.6i. Now listening sweat rock and heavy metal from the land of the Lordi.

Also bought this keyboard, (sorry it´s in finnish):
    [urlhttp://www.microcomponentsfinland.fi/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=18&products_id=2676&osCsid=9ivrdk28vfncdumoln43nsudq4 [/url]

Nice features, metallic trackball (optical), scrollwheel and 17 multimedia buttons.. and 9 of the even works without configuration in MP. It loads from the USB using a dedicated cable that came with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom