Newcomers need tutorials... but who does not? (1 Viewer)

Barbagallo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I wrote this because it's at least four monthes that I'm "studying" MediaPortal software...
    I'm still studying and, all the times I think my MP is completely configured for my needs, I find something new that I want to try, or something usefull to make MP working better.
    Do you know how many times I have not been able to came back to a post about a plugin I'was interested in?

I wrote somewhere "may be I'm a tuna brain" but I'm sure to be in good company.

So, I guess we need to write tutorials for each plugin, extension, or else, created to implement MP or make it better.

MPI installer is not just a good idea it's a need to anybody

Sometimes I find something like a tutorial that I can use (when I'm looking straight in my PC eyes), but, later, I find a similar option that may even be better than the first I found

Teaching is a challenge! to be clearly understandeable to anybody it's a gift!

Remember that english is considered an international language but not all of us know it that much

Here we are talking about piece of harware, software, plugins, scripts and stuff usually understandeable only for people that eat PC all day long. (I forgot... all written in english!).

Look at me, standing in front of my plasma, with my Harmony ONE (remote) in the hand, looking wonderingly to my PC...

after all the time I spent... I'm not even able to power on my Media center :eek:

I know there are a lot of people working hard to make this project working better and better
    but I'm here to ask to all those people something more... please try to be as clear as possible, each time you write something new, think you are talking to a baby or a frog or a stone; use pictures, screenshots and do not think that what It's obvius to you should be obvious to anybody.

What I can do, is to try to translate any of these tutorials in my language (Italian).

Finally I'm asking for a New Thread named "tutorials", Starting from the basic installation and configuration, to the last "enough" stable and tested plugin; grouping similar plugins or choices togheter and describing, step by step, the installation procedure and setting up.

Thank to you all

To spread the knowledge (expertise, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education) it's the key to make the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom