NewPlugin: Dir (Display & IR) control device (1 Viewer)

BadMojoX

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
i've designed a simple custom harware for my media center to control MediaPortal with any RC5 compatible remote control. There is also an external display attached to show various MediaPortal informations. The simple hardware thing can also power on the computer via remote control or if any alarm ist set. I've also coded a special MediaPortal plugin to use the hardware. The Plugin (along with all needed information) is available for download in the download section. Also look for the video attached :) The thing works right now, but am planning to develop it further, at least the plugin with the firmware. :)

Attachments

• pic1.png
    pic1.png
    79 KB
  • pic3.png
    pic3.png
    107.8 KB
  • pic4.png
    pic4.png
    89.2 KB
  • video1.avi
    30.6 KB

BadMojoX

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
i've recently uploaded a new version of the plugin & firmware.
The changes are:
0.2 Fixes:
+ Internal logic has been corrected to remove power down/power up delays. The plugin has become more stable.
+ The ir & display configurations have been slightly changed to display more interesting TV server states.
New:
+ Added first time remote control buttons setup for the offline mode (select power button, control brightness, display time/date etc.)
+ Added logging
+ Added powerdown change mode delay to prevent the computer from being powered up by the hardware if the power down is not yet finished.
+ Added reconnect into the internal communication with the hardware device in case if something goes wrong in the communication, for example:
missed answers for internal commands, due to the high cpu usage.
+ There where several tooltips added to make better the understanding of the plugin controls.
+ Added link to the support thread.
Known issues:
+ The powerup by alarm is not yet implemented in the plugin (currently only in the firmware)
due to the lack of the information about MediaPortal recordings.

The plugin (after reviewing of the upload) will be available here: MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - Display & IR control device plug-in

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi!

Just wondering if this will work with the iMon OEM display/IR that is included in the Antec Fusion 430 Black v2?
    Will try it out when I get home anyhow.

BadMojoX

Portal Member
    March 22, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, sorry. The plugin works only with a special hardware. If you have bought the IR & Display hardware and haven't made id by yourself, it will not work. It works only with the hardware created accordingly to the provided electrical scheme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom