news plugin (1 Viewer)

gamesmafia

May 6, 2006
Hi there all, i'm a newbie at Media Portal. But'i'm loving it already! I must say the information about how to install a plugin and use is very minimum. Perhaps some of you can help me with some feeds for the news plugin. I live in the netherlands so some dutch news would be great. But if none, no mather. International will do fine as well. Thanks in advance

Kingstonlim

Portal Member
August 30, 2006
Thanks, i able to link to yahoo new, media portal news and etc. but every time i click on the news headline, news always come with some funny code (with yahoo news) or words like logon? username? register?
can we get rid of these and just news content show up only???
thanks for prompt response :)

Molokoids

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Thanks, i able to link to yahoo new, media portal news and etc. but every time i click on the news headline, news always come with some funny code (with yahoo news) or words like logon? username? register?
can we get rid of these and just news content show up only???
thanks for prompt response :)

You shouldn't click on headlines :) It will try to output the webpage. It will work on some site but you'll usally get javascript garbage, Mediaportal can only filter html as far as I know.
The news plugin is not a Web Browser.

But why are the news sometimes so short ? What you get with RSS is really source-dependant. The provider decides to put 2 lines or 15 in the feed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom