Nexus Media Manager v0.8 - Organise your media! Now with TV Support! - [14-01-2011] (1 Viewer)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi All,

This plugin is designed to replace the below 2 programs and also add a lot more functionality

App To copy Artwork

Rename files

What it will do is allow you to organise your movie collection based on MovingPictures database, so it will rename all your files according to Moving Pictures as well as copy the artwork and create and info file based on the information in the database, which means there is no need to manually check files if you lose your MovingPictures database, they will simply import using the data found in the info files.

This is also useful as the art work is created in the folders as well this means when you view the folders in windows (or another media app) all the info will be there already along with the pretty pics :)

Now before you go running off to try it please note....

I WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU MESS UP YOUR DATABASE OR FILE!!!!

So far all my testing has shown that the program behaves as expected however please use the preview button to carefully check what the program will do.

UPDATE: 0.8 >> 0.8-01

Fixed Bug with SplitFiles

UPDATE: 0.4 >> 0.8

Changed the way the program access the DB to make it faster and more reliable
    Ability to customise the Info files
    Preview now only shows files that will be actioned
    Added support for TV Series
    Many bug fixes

UPDATE: Created a single .exe rather than a plugin also recompiled for 32bit/64bit machines

UPDATE 0.3 >> 0.4

Added support for movie titiles with ? / \ * : characters in them
    The movies are now processed in alapbetical order so its is easier to see where its up to
    Added some error traping for DB bugs

Future Versions will include:

Ability to do a Clean run, this will remove all files not related to moving pictures or tv series
    Ability to run from the command line so the program can be scripts to auto rename new files
    Add support for MusicVideos

Things to note:

This program does NOT support grouped files and i have no plans to do this, if you have split files use virtual dub (google it) to join them its takes less than 5 mins

Some features of the GUI still dont work like the root path and delete option this will be implemented in a later version
    at the moment the program will NOT create info or images for TV Series, however moving pictures should work fine.

My test platform:

Win7_x64 and WinXP_32 both with the latest windows updates and MP 1.2 alpha and MP-TVSeries-2[1].6.7.1333 and moving-pictures-1.0.8

I will do my best to solve any problems you have but my time is limited so it may take a while

ENJOY!

cheers

Attachments

• NexusMediaManager_0-8-01.zip
      470.7 KB

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Re: [BETA] Nexus Media Manager v0.1 - Rename and Copy info files for Moving Pictures!

hi kyle ! is the plugin work fine with MP v1.2.0 ? i'm get windows error messge :
    " Failed to Locate assembly Sistem.Data.SQLite=1.0.66.0 .......... " and sude be open withen Media Portal folder ....

i use win xp pro + MP v 1.2.0 .

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Re: [BETA] [FIX] Nexus Media Manager v0.2 - Organise your media!

opps sorry about that :sorry:

thats cause i was doing my coding on an x64 machine and ran into some problems, but it should be all good now

I have updated the version and also recoded some things for error trapping

let me know how it goes!

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

thanks i use both your other tools, very handy, especially for users of WDTV devices etc

However it didnt run for me, this is just a standalone program like the previous 2 right? is there any install requirements?

See attached error

thanks

FYI im using Windows 7 64bit / MP 1.1.1 and the Moving Pictures 1.10 Beta

Attachments

• Media manager.JPG
      Media manager.JPG
      69.8 KB

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

ok try this one.... new version uploaded

I know what the issue is, the problem is to do with the build type (ie x64 or x86 and also the version of the SQLite data adapter) I have tested this on a clean win 7 x64 box and it works fine I have also tested on a win xp x32 box and it also works

just make sure you have sqlite dll in the same folder and its should be ok, if not let me know!

thanks!

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

works, but you included your settings.ini with the zip, which has the settings for your machine i guess, i.e DBPATH=\\VBOXSVR\VboxShared\NexusMM_v0-02\movingpictures.db3

so did not work until i deleted the settings.ini so it could recreate...

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

oh ok, ill have to put an error check in there... i though if the DB file didnt exist it should prompt you for a db file oh well at least its working:)

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

this is what i have found so far

- Cant click "create image files/nfo" unless "rename files" is also checked
    - Cant choose any option for Image/Info Options all greyed out, and yes i have ticked create image files above
    - Doing a preview brings up a unhanded exception - index was outside the bounds of the array - stopped preview after 19 files
    - Would be tidier if it put a space between the year name ie currently Filename[year].avi should be Filename [year].avi ?
    - Same as above, but for Foldername.

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

this is what i have found so far

- Cant click "create image files/nfo" unless "rename files" is also checked
    - Cant choose any option for Image/Info Options all greyed out, and yes i have ticked create image files above
    - Doing a preview brings up a unhanded exception - index was outside the bounds of the array - stopped preview after 19 files
    - Would be tidier if it put a space between the year name ie currently Filename[year].avi should be Filename [year].avi ?
    - Same as above, but for Foldername.

The greyed out buttons are by desgin its just a test release and so not all features are working same with the fact you can only select info files if rename is also selected this is by design my change this later but atm i dont have time

as for the exception, it seems to work ok with my files here, (have a movie DB of 375 movies at home and it ran without a hitch over them) I can check a few things, the error that comes up does it say "NexusMM and Error has occured doing SOMETHING, Index outsite bounds" or is it a windows error box saying outside of array?

if you like send me you moving pic db file and ill see if there is something in there that is breaking it :)

cheers

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

See attched for both, i use the previous tools with this db just fine.

Cheers

Attachments

• index was outside.JPG
      index was outside.JPG
      70.5 KB
    • movingpictures.zip
      1.3 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom