Nice new feature Idea - multiple audiotracks (1 Viewer)

mugginger

Portal Member
January 23, 2008
Hey,

what about following idea:
If you start a film, it checks if there are multiple audiotracks, and if so, there comes a sweet little contextmenu and asks if you wanna watch this film in for example English or German.

What do you think? Wouldn't it be nice?

Greetings, mugginger

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Forgive my ignorance, :p but does the MediaPortal playback module support multiple audio streams like that?

deebo

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
pointless feature

you can switch the track while playing, if you are german and insist watchng everything in german, you should go thru the trouble, instead of the rest of the world having to deal with a popup menu making us choose between audiotracks :p

mugginger

Portal Member
January 23, 2008
What i thought was the following.
I normally watch my movies in german, but sometimes you have a film that would be cool in english (cause it's original and more fun). So if there would be a popup you would think... hey... today i could watch this film in english...
It was just a thought... And i didn't know what you think of it...
Maybe you can have an option like "[x] Always take first audiotrack if there are multiple ones."
If it's not checked you will get asked...
So nobody gets anoyed but if somebody wants that, he could turn this option off.
I was a friends place yesterday and we thought it would be cool :)

Greetings

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It's not a bad idea, and mugginger is right deebo, if it were added it would definitely be added as an optional feature, probably turned off by default. I am hesitant to work on this feature though because the functionality already exists in MediaPortal. It's very easy to just switch the audio track after you have started playback. I am not saying I don't see the value of the initial prompt like you described mugginger, but I think if we do this it would not happen any time soon. If it happens in the near future I think it'd have to be from a developer outside the core team creating a patch and submitting it to us for inclusion.

If you are really interested in this issue and don't want it forgotten, then go ahead and create an enhancement request on Google Code. If you post it on there we will get it done eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom