Nintendo DS

Discussion in 'other Input / Output interfaces' started by hakuna, October 30, 2009.

1. hakuna

hakuna Portal Pro

Automation engineer
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello! My son has a Nintendo DS. It would be cool if it could be used as an intelligent remote control (over wifi).
    I just came up with the idea and am just throwing the ball up, let's brainstorm what it could do!

My first thoughts:
    - Remote control what music to play (so I won't have to start the big projector)
    - Display current and next music track (use the external display plugin somehow?)
    - TV guide

What do you think?
    I have no programming skills, so I don't know how hard it would be to do this. :)

Niclas

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hakuna

hakuna Portal Pro

Automation engineer
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
  4. cynserino

cynserino Portal Member

Dispatcher
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi there!

I actually was curious about this when I got my first flash cart, so I did some research. There are a few programs that allow you do just what you want, but from my experience, they kinda suck. I have the links to the relevant sites for you as well as a good site to start if you're looking for homebrew stuff for the DS.

GBAtemp.net - Great site for all things DS and Wii
    FileTrip - GBAtemp's download central.
    Remote Touch DS - One of the few 'remote' homebrews. He also posts on the GBAtemp forums with new releases.
    Win2DS - Another 'remote' homebrew. I can't find any version newer than this.
    DS2PC - A newer homebrew I haven't tested myself. His blog is in Spanish. He has a newer version posted on FileTrip under DS2Win Fusion 8.
    Dillama - Only for Xbox Media Center on the Xbox (it's a home brew controlling a homebrew! Insane!)

Now in order to use any of these programs, you do need a flash cart. That, you're on your own to find. Enjoy! :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!